Client SoC Performance Architect
Come join Intel's Client SOC Architecture (CSA) team as a Client SoC Perf Architect.
The team is responsible for architectural exploration, evaluation of design alternatives and power and performance tradeoffs for mobile and desktop System on a Chip (SoC) products. It involves using state of the art simulation technology to ensure future mobile SoCs deliver industry leading performance and power. You will be working on architecture definition and performance analysis of current and future SoCs. This role will require close cooperation with the architecture, validation, software, emulation, design, post silicon and power teams. In this role you will directly contribute to Intel's next generation client SoCs through architectural definition, modelling, and analysis and meet the challenge of delivering the best products to our customers.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Architecturally defines, models and evaluates the viability of complex hardware features and ensures that software and hardware designs interface correctly.
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves subsystem and SoC architectural bottlenecks for complex multiple IP applications.
- Influences future product definition by significantly contributing to the architecture used across families and generations.
- Willing to effectively work in a team, strong initiative to deliver high quality results, enjoys exploring breadth of technical options and takes informed risks.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field with a minimum of 6+ years of industry experience -OR- a Master's in the same fields with 4+ years of industry experience -OR- a PhD degree
Your experience should be in the following areas:
- 1+ year experience with simulation-based performance modeling, and performance analysis.
- 2+ year of experience with C/C++, python, and git.
- Dissertation work in computer architecture and performance/power analysis.
- Experience with cache hierarchy, memory, and/or interconnection network architectures
- Experience with SOLID coding principles and Agile product development.
- Experience using machine learning and data science for analysis.