Architectural Project Engineer - Global Construction Engineering
Global Construction Engineering (GCE) is responsible for the design and engineering of all of Intel's major manufacturing and cleanroom projects at various locations across the globe. We are a team of specialized in-house architects and engineers in a highly collaborative environment. We work together with our factory, operations, and supply chain partners to deliver some of the most technically challenging projects in the world with demanding schedule and cost constraints.
This is a Technical Architecture role that includes compliance with building/fire codes, fire proofing, exiting, management of rated fire separations, cleanroom wall/ceiling/floor systems, architectural finishes, and room/layout development. Our Architects may also have to oversee Civil and Structural scope including earthwork, site permitting, erosion control, wetland management, surface parking, landscaping, foundations, steel and concrete structural systems, and vibration control.
This position will be based at our flagship technology development campus in Hillsboro, Oregon and relocation assistance will be provided.
As an Architectural Project Engineer - Global Construction Engineering your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Communicate with local jurisdictions.
- Analyze building and fire code.
- Perform occupancy and exiting studies.
- Perform structural evaluation and scoping.
- Develop hazardous Material Inventory Statement and Management.
- Assess feasibility of new facilities improvement projects.
- Develop a detailed facilities scope through field walks and collaboration with facilities operations partners and other project engineers.
- Serve as Owner's representative to provide technical guidance and issue resolution to supply chain partners performing detailed design and construction.
- Interface and coordinate with contract design, construction, scheduling, and estimating resources.
- Interface with facilities staff and project managers to enable facility design efforts for their area of expertise.
- Define design criteria, lead scope definition and justification, develop design concepts, and oversee completion of positioning, programming, and detailed design.
- Collaborate with estimators to ensure costs are captured and project budgets are met.
- Exhibit strong knowledge of Intel's master specifications and standards yet use the change management process to improve standards and drive innovative solutions.
- Collaborate and share learnings with their counterparts at other sites across the globe.
- Accountability and ownership of personal safety and the safe execution of your scope of work/project from planning to execution.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Written, visual and verbal communication - especially in communicating technical issues.
- Willingness to collaborate across engineering disciplines, organizations, and geographic boundaries.
- Team and quality oriented.
- Value for safety and a safe project environment
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Position not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Structural/Civil Engineering or a closely related field with 3+ years of experience in design and construction of CSA systems.
- Focus on industrial, semiconductor, and cleanroom projects.
- Familiarity with:
- Cleanroom wall, ceiling, and floor systems.
- AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, BIM360 and other 2D and 3D modeling tools.
- Experience in:
- Building and fire codes and hazardous occupancies.
- Developing alternate materials and methods strategies for building/fire code compliance.
No jobs have been viewed recently.View All Jobs
No jobs have been saved.View All Jobs