Depth Image Quality Engineer
Who are we?
Intel's Visual Technology group (VTG) is developing state of the art imaging technology and AI that is used in all of Intel's major product lines, and also developing in house vision SOC.
The IQ validation team is responsible of testing and evaluating the depth quality and performance of our 3D camera. The responsibilities of the role includes:
- Learning and understanding the algorithm/ features/calibration parameters/ pre processing and post processing/ optics and mechanical impacts.
- Designing detailed test plan to ensure the camera quality in various environmental conditions (thermal/ illumination/ range etc..) and use-case driven tests.
- Defining test setup and metrics: targets, labs, automation, develop new metrics when needed.
- Executing test cycles: data collection/ characterization tests.
- Analyzing the data: statistics, regressions, classification, identify anomalies and trends.
- Conducting experiments based on tests results.
- Conduct data driven experiments and analysis required for POC and decision making.
- Reporting and summarizing tests results and insights.
- Working closely with SW and Algo teams as well as with product architect.
What are we looking for?
- B.Sc/ M.Sc in Electrical Engineering / Computer Science / other relevant engineering degree
- +3 years of experience working with Matlab on Image Processing/ Computer Vision algorithms
- High analytical skills- ability to analyze large sets of data
- Great interpersonal skills
- Advantage: Basic knowledge in R/ Python
- Advantage: Experience working with optics and imaging systems