Unity Developer - Temporary
We are looking for a Unity 3D Developer to join our team at Intel Labs. As a Unity Developer, you will be responsible for implementing game functionality translating design ideas, concepts, and requirements into functional game modules for a fast-paced research project. In the project, we are using the Unity 3D engine to develop a projected spatial experience. You must be able to quickly iterate over the prototype while developing new modules since the objective is to develop an application in a short time frame that can be used in multiple user studies and can be demonstrated at Intel events.
Responsibilities will include :
- Quickly familiarize with the existing code base
- Plan and implement game functionalities
- Transform design specification into functional modules
- Integrate already developed unit modules together for continuous experience
- Write game logic in visual scripting framework using Bolt plugin
- Offer and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Write automated unit tests
- Support regular testing that includes end-to-end system integration as well as end-user testing
- Identify process and application bottlenecks and bugs
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skillsQualifications
Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- BS in programming-related areas such as game development, computer science, etc.
- 2 years of experience as Unity Developer with work including C# scripting, textures, animation system, UI system, and character controls
- 2 years of experience developing large-scale object-oriented applications in C#
- 1 year of experience with automated testing platforms for writing unit and integration tests
- 1 year of experience writing event-driven applications in Unity
- Intermediate+ math, especially algebra and geometry skills
- 1 year of experience programming for a 3D coordinate system
- Intermediate+ English (spoken and written)
- Familiarity with ROS infrastructure
- 1 year of experience with game physics
- Experience with APIs from Unity 2018 and 2020
- Experience writing custom shaders in Unity
- Constantly learn and stay in touch with evolving game standards and development technologies
- Working knowledge of a CI tool like Jenkins
- Degree in game design/development is a plus
- Experience working with a team of 4 or more people
- Advanced English proficiency level
This is a 1-year temporary position with a possibility to extend to 2 years.
Requirements listed would be obtained through a combination of industry-relevant job experience, internship experiences and or school work/classes/research.