System Validation Engineer - OS Kernel Debug
Be part of an At Scale Validation team responsible for delivering results across a broad range of datacenter servers families ensuring the quality of our products through developing the most efficient workload pipelines.
The job will provide the opportunity to contribute in cloud software, including software development, design, debug, validation, and optimization, cloud orchestration, and/or cloud customer enablement. As well as with the latest FW and HW technologies within the cluster systems under test. The focus of this role implies the triage, debug, verification and integration of FW/OS related issues.
Some of the activities you will be responsible for include:
- Triage and debug OS/FW issues found by datacenter validation teams.
- Drive OS Kernel issues to resolution, by interacting with development teams.
- Know defects status and be able to represent them in system debug forums.
- Engaging with various internal cross-team validation organizations.
- Perform platform level debug and be able to provide guidance in resolution.
- Be a role model for the organization and junior engineers.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's, Master's or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related STEM field (documentation related to Bachelor's degree completion will be required).
- 2+ years of experience in System Validation.
- 2+ years of experience with OS kernel development or debug.
- 2+ years of FW issues triage and debug experience.
- 2+ year of experience programming using C and C++ languages.
- 1+ years of experience with Linux OS driver development and integration.
- 1+ years of experience with PC architecture.
- 2+ years of experience with operating systems.
- Advanced communications English skills.
- 1+ year of proven knowledge in BIOS/UEFI is required (other FW areas are also a plus (ME, SPS, BMC...))
- 1+ years System debugging techniques of enterprise Platform issues HW/SW local and remote.
- 2+ year of experience in system administration of Linux OS and drivers.
A candidate who accepts an offer of employment is required to present their own personal identification information and numbers for the following:Mexican Security Number (NSS), Tax Identification Number (RFC) and CURP identification number.Inside this Business GroupThe Data Platforms Engineering and Architecture (DPEA) Group invents, designs & builds the world's most critical computing platforms which fuel Intel's most important business and solve the world's most fundamental problems. DPEA enables that data center which is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.htmlWorking ModelThis role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.
No jobs have been viewed recently.View All Jobs
No jobs have been saved.View All Jobs