Functional Validation Engineer
A Functional Validation Engineer, is a passioned hardware engineer that is responsible to enable cutting-edge technology features assuring the highest quality of the greatest Xeon processor or SoC designs that drive the Data Center economy across the planet.
As a Functional ValidationEngineer you will:
- Interact with and learn from HW/SW designers and architects from many places around the world that make these future technologies a reality.
- Apply your electronics and programming talent at once, to control many features in our products and validate their proper function while attempting to break the design and find possible issues before our customers do.
- Be innovative and get into high performance teams where these bugs are analyzed and stripped down so they can be eliminated.
- Use advanced debug tools and laboratory equipment to get to the deepest corners of the design as high speed interfaces, memory devices
We are one of the last lines of defense against any possible design bugs, as we want our customers to get the best of the best. We are bug-busters !
Our projects include cutting-edge technology features that the world will see in a few months for now. You can be a part of the future now, you can help to shape that future!
Behavioral traits desired:
- Teamwork and cooperation,
- Self-reliant in problem resolution,
- Self-driven, and comfortable with ambiguity,
- Communication skills in English both written and verbal.
- Ability to self-organize and prioritize work.
- Hunger for learning.
- Leadership, strategic thinking, coupled with strong analytical and influencing skills.
What we offer:
- We give you opportunities to transform, innovate technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth,
- As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and boredom-free environment—where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results,
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, rewards and recognition, and especially, a diverse, inclusive and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, and/or work experience.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Bachelor's Degree preferably in Electrical, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline ("Cedula Profesional" may be required).
- 6+ months of experience in analysis or design of digital systems or validation process, validation frameworks or testing methodologies.
- 1+ year experience in C/C++ or scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
- 6+ months using hardware debug Lab instruments, not limited to Scope, Logic Analyzer or Protocol Analyzer.
- intermediate to advanced English Level.
- Experience with server platforms
- Experience with modern CPU architecture, such as memory cache hierarchy, and the implications for hardware performance,
- Master or Ph.D. degree
- Linux Environment
- Digital Design knowledge (VHDL/Verilog).
- Knowledge of Server and SoC platform architectures
- 1+ year experience interfacing with Architecture, Design, improving post-silicon test content.
Inside this Business Group
The Design Engineering Group is a worldwide team responsible for the design, development, validation, and manufacturing of IPs and SOCs. Our mission is to deliver leadership products through groundbreaking innovations.
Enrich the life of every person on earth—at Intel.Inside this Business GroupIn the Design Engineering Group (DEG), we take pride in developing the best-in-class SOCs, Cores, and IPs that power Intel’s products. From development, to integration, validation, and manufacturing readiness, our mission is to deliver leadership products through the pursuit of Moore’s Law and groundbreaking innovations. DEG is Intel’s engineering group, supplying silicon to business units as well as other engineering teams. As a critical provider of all Intel products, DEG leadership has a responsibility to ensure the delivery of these products in a cost efficient and effective manner.Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.htmlWorking ModelThis role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.
No jobs have been viewed recently.View All Jobs
No jobs have been saved.View All Jobs