DCAI Engineering Operations Technician
Intel's Data Center & Artificial Intelligence (DCAI) Group is seeking an Engineering Operations Technician to join our team working in a fast-paced environment. The position is intended to work on a night shift (Monday to Friday (7 hours) from 10pm to 6am) and is expected to work with System Administrators, System Debug Engineers, Cluster Architects and Development Engineering partners to maintain, ramp and deploy systems for our common infrastructure environment from Power On to End of Life.
Job responsibilities include:
- Prepares related installation, operation, and maintenance specifications and instructions.
- Analyzes equipment to establish operating data and conducts experimental tests.
- Analyzes engineering proposals and related technical data to determine the feasibility of assigning new equipment or modifying existing equipment.
- Responsible for operational data and preparing customer application information.
- Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur.
- Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment.
An ideal candidate would exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- Fast paced Pre-Production lab environment (High tolerance for ambiguity)
- Independently owns larger, more complex tasks and drives to resolution.
- Knows when to escalate and ask for help.
- Independently finds content experts and seeks training to overcome obstacles.
- Communicates status clearly with strong communication skills.
- Recognizes problem areas and creates solution proposals.
- Willing to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High sense of customer orientation.
- Have commitment and great working attitude.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- 1+ year HW Spec experience building up and maintaining servers.
- Intermediate to advanced English level.
- Technical certification or degree.
- One year of experience with Intel Architecture.
- Experience in customer support is a plus.
- 2+ years of proven experience and knowledge of tech support.
- Linux proficiency.