Signal and Power Integrity Engineer (SK)
This is an exciting time to be at Intel!
Come join Intel 3D NAND Technology and Manufacturing (NAND-DTM)and work on one of the most advanced 3DNAND and SSD technology portfolios in the world; As a global leader in the semiconductor industry, Intel possesses many industry-leading SSD technologies including the most capable Quadruple Level Cell QLC Intel 3D NAND Technology Flash products.
Join our Non-volatile Memory Solutions Group working on NAND memory products as a Signal and Power Integrity Design engineer. Intel NAND-DTM (Design Technology Manufacturing) Group is looking for a self-driven Signal and Power Integrity Engineer.
In this role, you will be part of a dynamic team working on enabling the next-generation NAND solutions for the Client and Data Center segments. As a Signal and Power Integrity Engineer, you will be part of a larger multi-disciplinary team that includes members from Architecture, Circuit Design (I/O), Package Design, and Hardware/Board design.
You will be responsible for generating IO, package, and board models to be used in multiple stages of the product design to enable an optimized Signal Integrity and Power-Integrity solution. In addition, lab-based models will need to be extracted from measurements of Wafers and package substrates. You will also be the main point of contact for all component-related interactions between Architecture, Circuit Design, Package Design and Board Design, among others.
Some roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:-
- Generate package and IO models to be used in System Level simulations.
- Generate IO and IBIS models from Circuit Design Netlist.
- Extract Package Models from layout and provide design recommendations for optimal SIPI performance.
- Perform AC and DC Power Delivery Analysis to evaluate key PI metrics like IR drop, noise levels, and impedance profiles.
- Perform SI pathfinding simulations to explore future design parameters.
- Correlate lab measurements to system simulation results- Define and update SIPI methodologies to fill gaps where needed.
- Team player willing to be a technical lead in SI/PI domain to drive others to accomplish larger group goals.
This position is in the NAND-DTM Group which is aligned to phase 2 of the sale of the NAND business to Solidigm, a wholly owned subsidiary of SK hynix. Employees in this business group will work on developing NAND technology and components. Phase 2 of the transaction is expected to close in March 2025 at which time employees aligned to this phase of the transaction will transition employment to Solidigm. Solidigm, a leading global supplier of NAND flash memory solutions, is headquartered in San Jose, California with offices worldwide.Qualifications
- Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering or related field with 4+ Years of experience in the following:
- Fundamentals of 2D/3D Electromagnetic Theory and Transmission Line Theory.
- Full System Signal and Power Integrity Analyses.
- Statistical analyses like DOE
- EM Field solvers to extract interconnect models like PowerSI, Momentum, HFSS, Q3D, PolarSI, Q2D, etc
- System Level SI/PI simulators like ADS, SystemSI, Matlab, etc
- Master's in Electrical Engineering and 3 years or related field in the minimum qualifications
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering with 1+ Years of experience in the minimum qualifications.
- SI/PI methodology development and improvements to established flows.
- Modeling Chip to Chip interconnects (i.e Die, Package, PCB).
- VNA and/or TDR lab equipment to extract measurements based on characteristics from Silicon wafers and package samples.
- PCB and Package layout process.