RTL Design and uArch
Seize the opportunity to work with the team responsible for RTL logic design and microarchitecture of chipsets for PCs millions of people around the world will use. The Chipsets Logic Team, CLT is part of the Chipsets Silicon Group, CSG within Design Engineering Group, DEG and is responsible for developing soft IPs, subsystems and gaskets for client and server chipsets.
This job requisition is to seek an experienced, disciplined and collaborative Logic Design Engineer, responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Own microarchitecture definition of unit and work with the team to implement the design.
- Performs logic design, Register Transfer Level (RTL) coding, and simulation to generate functional unit, soft IP block, and subsystems for inclusion in full chip designs;
- Applies various strategies, tools and methods to qualify the design for lint, synthesizability, DFx, clock and reset domain crossing check, synthesizability check to meet design QoR, timing constraint definition and review gate count, power optimization, etc;
- Participates in the development of Architecture and Microarchitecture specifications for the Logic components
- Reviewing verification plan and implementation to ensure the design features are verified correctly;
- Provides IP integration support to SoC customers and represents RTL team.
Excellent communication and organization skills are critical, along with teamwork, and must demonstrate strong technical leadership skills, passion for design, tools and methodology and strong influencing skills.
Candidate must have strong orientation for Quality, Commit and Deliver, drive Innovation and efficiencies, and have strong strategic thinking to come up with paradigm shift solutions to critical design and validation challenges.
- An excellent communicator
- Extremely organized
- A team player who loves to collaborate
- A strong technical leader who communicates well with great influencing skills
- Passionate for design, tools and methodology
- Someone who meets their commitments
- Self driven
- Someone who wants to make a difference through technology
- People who want to do innovative things
- Open to new ideas and methodologies
- A collaborative team demonstrating the best teamwork across Intel
- Here to help you succeed
If your skillsets align with our needs we will provide you a great path to maximize your positive impact on the world.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
BS or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years of experience in:
- IP Logic design, development and delivery.
- Verilog and System Verilog based logic design.
- Design tools/standards/simulators, for instance UPF, Lint, Spyglass CDC, Design Compiler or VCS.
- Knowledge of SVA.
- Domain knowledge of low power design flows and techniques.
- Knowledge of industry standard protocols like PCIe and AMBA.
- Familiarity with x86 architecture.