Product Development Test Engineer (SK)
Join our NAND technology and manufacturing team as a Product Development Test Engineer and work on one of the most advanced 3DNAND and Solid State Drive (SSD). technology portfolios in the world.
This position gives a unique opportunity for the candidate to showcase leadership, hardware, software, and data-analysis skills.
The candidate will be part of a dynamic team and unique work culture. This is a high-impact role, with a broad scope where the candidate will have clear ownership, accountability, and the deliverables will have direct visibility and impact on the overall business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the testability and manufacturability of integrated circuits from feasibility through production ramp, driving evaluations, and development and debugging of complex test methods for new and exciting product generations including High-Speed IO (HSIO) focused testing.
You will engage in the testability and manufacturability of NAND.Development of Flash components from the component feasibility stage through the production ramp stage.
As a NAND Product Test Development Engineer, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Test development of next-generation 3D NAND Memory Technology products.
- Ensure the testability and manufacturability of integrated circuits from the feasibility stage through the production ramp.
- Development, evaluation, and debugging of complex circuits and test programs.
- Development, testing, and qualification of new test hardware solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Product Engineering, Design Engineering, Technology Development, and Process Engineering to resolve cross-functional problems.
- Drive cross-functional stakeholder consensus.
- Coming up with innovative solutions to drive Test Time Reduction and Yield improvement.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the following behavioral traits:
- Team player enthusiastic about working in a collaborative, cross-functional, cross-site environment.
- Self-directed, analytical, and experienced in troubleshooting and resolving complex technical problems.
- Communication, technical presentation, and problem-solving skills.
This position is in the NAND-DTM Group which is aligned to phase 2 of the sale of the NAND business to Solidigm, a wholly owned subsidiary of SK hynix. Employees in this business group will work on developing NAND technology and components. Phase 2 of the transaction is expected to close in March 2025 at which time employees aligned to this phase of the transaction will transition employment to Solidigm. Solidigm, a leading global supplier of NAND flash memory solutions, is headquartered in San Jose, California with offices worldwide.Qualifications
The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field and 4+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Working on memory components, as a Product Engineer, Product Quality and Reliability Engineering, or in High Volume Test.
- Sort, class, and system Test techniques, preferably of memory devices.
- Data extraction and analysis.
- Semiconductor devices and circuits.
- Silicon debug, module development, content development, RTL simulations, and Test Program Integration.
Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
3+ years of experience in the minimum qualifications and 4 years of experience in the following areas:
- High-Speed test methods and systems.
- Input/Output operations, specifications, and debugging.
- Python scripting.
- Git/Bitbucket/Agile methodology.
- Semiconductor fabrication process flow, wafer test methodologies, and reliability mechanisms.
- NAND or NOR flash memory product development.
- Automated Test Engineering.