Product Development Engineer (SK)
This is an exciting time to be at Intel - come join our team as a Product Development Engineer and work on one of the most advanced 3DNAND and SSD technology portfolios in the world.
As the global leader in the semiconductor industry, Intel possesses many industry-leading SSD technologies including the most capable Quadruple Level Cell (QLC) NAND Flash products. As a Product Development Engineer, you will be part of a world-class team that will transition to lead the SSD business at SK hynix.
As a NAND Product Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring the testability and manufacturability of NAND Flash components from the component feasibility stage through the production ramp.
What you'll be doing:
- Making significant contributions to the design, development, and validation of testability circuits.
- Evaluation, development, and debugging of complex test methods.
- Develops and debugs complex software programs to convert design validation vectors and drive complex test equipment.
- Test, validates, and redesign circuits to guarantee component margin to specification.
- Analyzes and evaluates component specification versus performance to ensure optimal match of component requirements with production equipment capability with specific emphasis on yield analysis.
- Autonomously plans and schedules own daily tasks, develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and experienced judgment.
The position is associated with the sale of the NAND business to SK Hynix aligning to Phase 2 of the transaction. Employees aligned to Phase 2 will continue to be employed by Intel developing NAND technology and components. Phase 2 of the transaction is expected to close in March 2025 at which time employees aligned to this phase of the transaction will transition employment to Solidigm, a stand-alone US subsidiary of SK Hynix headquartered in San Jose, California with offices world-wide. Solidigm is a leading global supplier of NAND flash memory solutions, led by Robert (Rob) B. Crooke as CEO, previously senior vice president and general manager of Intel’s Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group. To read more, see: https://www.intc.com/news-events/press-releases/detail/1513/intel-sells-ssd-business-and-dalian-facility-to-sk-hynixQualifications
The below minimum qualifications must be met to be considered for this position.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or similar degree with 6+ Months of experience in the following:
Non-volatile memory component, as a Product Engineer, Product QRE, or in High Volume Test.
Memory test or device characterization.
Master's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or similar degree.
NAND Or other Storage device experience.