NAND Product Test Development Engineer (SK)
Come join our NAND team as a Product Development Test Engineer and work on one of the most advanced 3DNAND and SSD technology portfolios in the world. This position gives a unique opportunity for the candidate to showcase leadership, hardware, software, and data-analysis skills. The candidate will be part of a dynamic team and a unique work culture. This is a high impact role, with a broad scope where the candidate will have clear ownership, accountability, and the deliverables will have direct visibility and impact to overall business.
As a NAND Product Test Development Engineer the candidate will be responsible for:
- Test development of next generation 3D NAND Memory Technology products.
- Ensuring the testability and manufacturability of integrated circuits from feasibility stage through production ramp.
- Development, evaluation, debug of complex circuits and test programs.
- Development, testing, and qualification of new test hardware solutions.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams such as Test Engineering, Design Engineering, Technology Development, Product Engineering and Process Engineering to resolve cross-functional problems.
- Driving process improvements by creating tools and systems.
- Driving cross-functional stakeholder consensus and providing technical leadership and mentorship for junior engineers.
- Coming up with innovative solutions to drive Test Time Reduction and Yield improvement.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the following:
- Team player, enthusiastic about working in a collaborative, cross-functional, cross-site environment.
- Be self-directed, analytical, and experienced in troubleshooting and resolving complex technical problems.
- Willing to demonstrate good communication, technical presentation, and problem-solving skills.
This position is associated with the sale of the NAND business to SK Hynix aligning to Phase 2 of the transaction. The transaction will enhance the resources and potential of the business' storage solutions, including client and enterprise SSDs, in the rapidly growing NAND Flash space amid the era of big data. Employees aligned to Phase 2 will continue to be employed by Intel developing NAND technology and components. Phase 2 of the transaction is expected to close in March 2025 at which time employees aligned to this phase of the transaction will transition employment to Solidigm, a stand-alone US subsidiary of SK Hynix headquartered in San Jose, California with offices world-wide. Solidigm is a leading global supplier of NAND flash memory solutions, led by Robert (Rob) B. Crooke as CEO, previously senior vice president and general manager of Intel's Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group. To read more, see: https://www.intc.com/news-events/press-releases/detail/1513/intel-sells-ssd-business-and-dalian-facility-to-sk-hynix
The below minimum qualifications must be met to be considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field.
Minimum 3+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Experience with Programming (C/C++).
- Experience with Data extraction and analysis.
- 1+ years working with semiconductor devices and circuits.
Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field and 2 years of experience in the minimum qualifications.
1+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Experience with NAND or NOR flash memory product development.
- Experience with Sort, class, and system Test techniques.
- Experience with Python scripting.
- Experience with Git/Bitbucket/Agile methodology.
- Experience with Semiconductor fabrication process flow, wafer test methods, and reliability mechanisms.
- Experience with Silicon debug, module development, content development, RTL simulations and Test Program Integration.