NAND Product Development Technical Lead - Principal Engineer (SK)
It's an exciting time to join Intel as a NAND Product Development Technical Lead - Principal Engineer!
What you'll be doing:
- Leads the development of new NAND products, providing technical direction while working closely with the Program Manager to bring new products into manufacturing.
- Participates from the product architecture stages through the life of the product, with a primary focus on ensuring the testability and manufacturability of NAND components.
- Defines product specification and ensures trim development, NAND policy, and validation to meet the specification.
- Works closely with partners across functional areas to meet manufacturability, quality, and reliability goals.
- Works closely with lead customer/partner in systems integration into SSDs, validation, and issue resolution.
- Leads technical teams in challenging issue resolution during development and production.
- Mentors mid-career engineers in NAND product development engineering and validation.
- Autonomously plans and schedules own daily tasks, develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment.
An ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Mentored engineers.
- Exceptionally well-organized with techniques developed to delegate appropriately, and quickly resolve complex technical and execution issues.
- Strong communication skills demonstrating the ability to tune presentations/communications to the audience.
- Experience presenting to executive audiences.
The position is associated with the sale of the NAND business to SK Hynix aligning to Phase 2 of the transaction. Employees aligned to Phase 2 will continue to be employed by Intel developing NAND technology and components. Phase 2 of the transaction is expected to close in March 2025 at which time employees aligned to this phase of the transaction will transition employment to Solidigm, a stand-alone US subsidiary of SK Hynix headquartered in San Jose, California with offices worldwide. Solidigm is a leading global supplier of NAND flash memory solutions, led by Robert (Rob) B. Crooke as CEO, previously senior vice president and general manager of Intel’s Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group. To read more, see: https://www.intc.com/news-events/press-releases/detail/1513/intel-sells-ssd-business-and-dalian-facility-to-sk-hynixQualifications
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline and 12+ years of experience.
- Product development of NAND Components, or very similar technologies, currently at a Principal Engineer level.
- Technical Lead for a minimum of 2 NAND products developed and brought into high-volume manufacturing.
- In-depth technical knowledge of current industry common NAND features and technology.
- Multiple NAND development areas of expertise such as Sort, Burn, Validation, RWB, Design, Architecture, QRE
Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline, with an emphasis in NAND or other memory technologies and 8+ years of experience in the minimum qualifications.
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline, with an emphasis in NAND or other memory technologies and 6+ years of experience in the minimum qualifications.Inside this Business GroupEmployees in Intel's NAND Product Group deliver solutions that are transforming computing across all segments from data centers to Ultrabooks. They invent, develop, bring to market and support customers with leading-edge NAND flash memory and system level solutions such as solid state drives (SSDs). SSDs are accelerating performance for gaming enthusiasts, reducing total cost of ownership for IT managers of data centers and improving security and reliability for businesses. This dynamic group is strategically positioned to become the leading Non-Volatile Memory solution supplier for the compute segment and is a key to expanding markets and continuing the growth for Intel.Covid StatementIntel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.htmlWorking ModelThis role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.