NAND Product Development Engineer (SK)
It's an exciting time to join Intel for our Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group as a NAND Product Development Engineer. Work on one of the most advanced 3DNAND and SSD technology portfolios in the world. As the global leader in the semiconductor industry, Intel possesses many industry-leading SSD technologies including the most capable Quadruple Level Cell (QLC) NAND Flash products.
What you'll be doing, but not limited to :
- Responsible for ensuring the testability and manufacturability of integrated circuits from the component feasibility stage through the production ramp.
- Make significant contributions to the design, development, and validation of testability circuits.
- Evaluation, development, and debugging of complex test methods.
- Develops and debugs complex software programs to convert design validation vectors and drive complex test equipment.
- Creates and tests validation and production test hardware solutions.
- Tests, validates, modifies, and redesigns circuits to guarantee component margin to specification.
- Analyzes and evaluates component specification versus performance to ensure optimal match of component requirements with production equipment capability with specific emphasis on yield analysis and bin split capability.
- Analyzes early customer returns with emphasis on driving test hole closure activities.
- Creates and applies concepts for optimizing component production relative to both quality and cost constraints.
- Autonomously plans and schedules own daily tasks, develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment.
The position is associated with the sale of the NAND business to SK Hynix aligning to Phase 2 of the transaction. Employees aligned to Phase 2 will continue to be employed by Intel developing NAND technology and components. Phase 2 of the transaction is expected to close in March 2025 at which time employees aligned to this phase of the transaction will transition employment to Solidigm, a stand-alone US subsidiary of SK Hynix headquartered in San Jose, California with offices world-wide. Solidigm is a leading global supplier of NAND flash memory solutions, led by Robert (Rob) B. Crooke as CEO, previously senior vice president and general manager of Intel's Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group. To read more, see: https://www.intc.com/news-events/press-releases/detail/1513/intel-sells-ssd-business-and-dalian-facility-to-sk-hynix
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Relevant experience can be obtained through school/class work, internships, military training, and/or work experience. This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor's in Electrical or Computer Engineering or similar degree.
- Minimum 6+ months experience in programming in one or more languages like C, C++, Perl, Python or SQL, etc.
- 3+ months of experience in the following:
- Electrical Failure Analysis, identifying the root cause of the problems and developing countermeasures.
- Source control management tools such as GIT and debugging issues via IDE or web browser.
- MS Excel, JMP.
- NAND Flash quality reliability mechanisms and NAND device physics.
- Computer Science background.