NAND Product Development Engineer (SK)
It's an exciting time to join Intel as a Product Development Engineer.
As a Product Development Engineer, you will be responsible for bringing up new cutting-edge 3D NAND Technologies by working with a brilliant team of engineers. Face complex problems by bringing up the technology and you will be required to possess excellent problem-solving skills. Work hand in hand with several cross-functional teams such as Design, Technology Development, Process, Device, Characterization, Reliability, and Test Engineering teams in bringing up and qualifying the product, requiring excellent communication, multitasking, and presentation skills.
As a NAND Product Development Engineer, you are responsible for a wide variety of tasks in the NAND product life cycle such as:
- Responsible for delivering a healthy, balanced Read Window Budget to ensure robust product performance.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and upgrading the RWB code platform to keep pace with future 3D NAND products.
- Responsible for the development and evolution of key Read Window Budget metrics (Scorecards, CSPECS, etc).
- Working with Design, Technology Development, and other cross-functional teams in developing solutions for product-related issues.
- Ensure product specifications are properly defined, Silicon performance matches or exceeds specification, and quickly drive resolution of any gaps identified.
- Responsible for developing trim solutions to meet product specifications and ensure product qualification readiness.
- Data Analysis and Parsing skills to analyze high volume data for Quality improvement, RWB analysis, and Yield improvement.
- Responsible for product qualification.
- Drive root cause of failures resulting from qualification testing. Responsible for developing SSD Policies for internal Solid State Drives customers.
- Work with cross-functional teams in resolving external customer-related issues including internal Solid State Drives qualifications.
The position is associated with the sale of the NAND business to SK Hynix aligning to Phase 2 of the transaction. Employees aligned to Phase 2 will continue to be employed by Intel developing NAND technology and components. Phase 2 of the transaction is expected to close in March 2025 at which time employees aligned to this phase of the transaction will transition employment to Solidigm, a stand-alone US subsidiary of SK Hynix headquartered in San Jose, California with offices world-wide. Solidigm is a leading global supplier of NAND flash memory solutions, led by Robert (Rob) B. Crooke as CEO, previously senior vice president and general manager of Intel's Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group. To read more, see: https://www.intc.com/news-events/press-releases/detail/1513/intel-sells-ssd-business-and-dalian-facility-to-sk-hynixQualifications
Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or similar degree and 3+ years of experience in the following:
- NAND Flash Read Window Budget and memory array characterization and development.
- Non-volatile memory components, as a Product Engineer, Staff Engineer, Product QRE, or in High Volume Test.
- Memory tests or device characterization.
Master's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or similar degree and 2+ years of experience in the minimum qualifications.
- MS Excel, JMP, and Python.
- NAND Flash Memory architecture, NAND erase program and read algorithms.
- Electrical Failure Analysis, identifying root cause and developing effective solutions.
- NAND Flash quality, reliability mechanisms, and NAND device physics.
- NAND Flash to system integration.