The Platform and Security Services Organization is seeking a well-rounded Integration Engineer/Software Developer to support Intel's Service and Event Management platform. This role requires a mix of strategic engineering and design, along with hands-on technical work and problem-solving skills, passion for quality, security, automation, and skills to understand complex systems with a desire for continual improvement and innovation.
In this role you will actively configure, manage, secure and Integrate Service and Event Management platforms and applications to support Intel's business needs. We are looking for a Developer with experience in one or more modern languages (for example: C+, React, Python, .NET) that will help with application development and integration/management.
We are looking for expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- System and Application Monitoring (for example: New Relic), Event Correlation and Incident Management (for example: BigPanda), Service Management Platforms (for example: ServiceNow), AWS, Git.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills:
- Hands-on experience with various server/system architectures, databases, operating systems, system patching, system configuration, auditing, and automation is desired.
- Application structure and skills to troubleshoot application security issues.
- Understand business requirement and solution design to develop and implement solutions that adhere to our architectural guidelines and address business requirements.
As an Integration Engineer/Software Developer, your responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Create and manage simple to complex out of box application integrations.
- Build an AWS environment for simple to complex workflows.
- Build cloud-aware applications.
- CI/CD solution integration.
- Message Bus & pipeline processing.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with GitHub.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, etc.
- Review and approve high level and detailed designs to ensure that the solution delivers to the business needs and align to the architecture principles and roadmap.
- Work closely with other software development engineers, systems engineers, network engineers, database administrators, monitoring team, and information security team in supporting new features, services and releases.
- Application development, upgrades, and integration with various systems, tools and data sources.
- Troubleshoot complex issues across domains, networks, databases, operating systems, ETL, applications and reporting.
- Support an Agile and DevOps approach to platform management and maintenance, including support for deployment and management automation, version controls, related continuous integration, delivery, and management processes.
- Execute a change through an enterprise environment with consistency and reliability by applying modern software, operations and quality principles such as progressive rollouts, problem detection and rollbacks if needed.
- Provide systems configuration and operational support for the various systems that integrate with our big bet platforms.
- Proactively discover problems before users notice; achieve optimal application performance, stability and availability; determine optimal configurations for application software and application servers; scale infrastructure to meet demand.
The following behavioral traits are also required:
- Highly organized, self-motivated, pro-active and planning skills
- Skills to analyze and understand complex problems
- Skills to explain technical information in business terms
- Strong communication skills
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Qualifications listed as preferred or additional will be considered a plus factor for applicants.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or any other science/engineering related field
- 2+ years of experience supporting Information Technology operations and service delivery
- 2+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Writing simple to moderately complex scripts and programs for automation, tools, frameworks, dashboards
- Developing scripting and automation solutions to support system configuration, performance, and troubleshooting
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business Analytics, or any other science/engineering related field
- 3+ years of enterprise systems engineering experience with administering Windows and Linux systems
- 3+ years of experience working in an Agile environment and or Scrum practices
- 3+ years of experience in Event Management or related field
- 3+ plus years of experience in SQL and relational databases (SQL server/MySQL) and NoSQL
- 3+ years of experience in the following areas: Interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) and Network protocols (TCP/IP) as well as protocols associated with common device communications
- Experience implementing and supporting complex cloud-based solutions
This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorshipInside this Business GroupIntel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.Other LocationsUS,OR,Hillsboro;US,AZ,PhoenixCovid StatementIntel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.htmlWorking ModelThis role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.