Manufacture Engineering Shift Manager
This position is associated with the sale of Intel’s NAND memory and storage business to SK hynix. (You can read more about the transaction in the press release). The transaction will enhance the resources and potential of the business’ storage solutions, including client and enterprise SSDs, in the rapidly growing NAND Flash space amid the era of big data.
This is an exciting time to be at Intel – come join our NAND-DTM and work on the most advanced 3DNAND and SSD technology in the world. As the global leader in the semiconductor industry, Intel possesses industry-leading SSD technology and the most capable Quadruple Level Cell (QLC) NAND Flash products, and you will be part of a world-class team that will transition to lead the SSD business at SK hynix.
This position aligns to Phase 2 of the transaction, which includes NAND technology and component development along with fab operations. Employees aligned to Phase 2 will continue to be employed by Intel and will continue to develop NAND technology and components and manufacture NAND wafers at the fab. Phase 2 of the transaction is expected to close in March 2025, at which time employees aligned to this phase of the transaction will transition employment to SK hynix.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plans, provides resources for and directs activities in engineering function to meet all aspects of area shift performance in terms of Safety, Quality, Output, Velocity, Cost, etc. and ensures the continuity of 7x24 and consistency among shifts.
- Responsible for area coordinating activities with other areas and departments like PEE, PIE, RDA, MI/OI, SIC, etc.
- Responsible for resolving issues effectively and escalating appropriately in a timely manner.
- Role model of Intel values and Fab68 culture, cultivate and reinforce appropriate group values, norms and behaviors to align with area business focus and thus factory priorities.
- Responsible for the people development and management, and promoting positive working relations between engineers and technicians.
- Lead the team towards successful and effective execution on floor by following up the game plan and SPEC, and to build up the capabilities of identifying and analyzing problems, plans, tasks, and solutions by effectively utilizing MBPS, using judgment on a variety of problems requiring deviation from standard practices.
- Effectively influence the organization on using LEAN principles to drive continuous improvement to sustain high quality manufacturing excellence.
- Candidate must possess at a minimum a Bachelor degree in a related science or engineering majors with 3 years+ of direct factory working experience. Management experience is a definite plus.
- Understand manufacturing operation systems and WIPT management fundamentals.
- Technical experience with the area specific toolset is desirable and good understanding on at least one of the CEIDs within the area.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication, tolerance of ambiguity, and commitment to task.
- Desire and interest to develop the technical skillsets include knowledge of process flow, equipment troubleshooting and Model Based Problem Solving skills, capability of providing technical direction on quality issues.
- Demonstrate the capability of working in a high performing team culture which includes: setting high expectations, driving accountability to those expectations with a high sense of urgency, role modeling the desired culture, possessing excellent teamwork and leadership skills, demonstrating problem solving skills, having ability to prioritize the work, and driving high performance maintenance goals for the group.