Wireless SoC System Engineer
As a wireless SoC system engineer, you will design and develop disruptive wireless cellular products targeted for radio access technologies for 4G LTE/5G NR cellular systems. These technologies include, transport layers (O-RAN, eCPRI, CPRI, Radio over Ethernet), front-haul gateways, Low-PHY L1 offload processing (Precoding and massive MIMO beamforming) and ORAN radio units. You will be part of dynamic and collaborative development team in support of Tier-1 wireless access providers. You will be responsible for design, simulation, optimization and testing of complex signal processing algorithms pertaining to the Low PHY and beamforming and precoding functionalities
Intel values and welcomes candidates with strong inter-personal skills who can work in a collaborative environment that is spread across multiple geographical locations. As a wireless SoC system engineer within wireless system solution engineering (wireless SSE) group, you need to possess strong problem-solving skills to brainstorm ideas and drive a concept into a high-volume consumer product.
- Solid background in wireless communications and signal processing.
- Previous experience in FPGA IP development for wireless applications.
- Knowledgeable in IP development process, including FPGA IP creation and instantiation, RTL simulation, Platform Designer and Quartus Prime, timing analyzer tool, power estimation and analysis tool, I/O assignment analysis,
- Familiarity with cellular 4G/5G NR cellular standards.
- Experience developing digital signal processing algorithms and techniques such a high FFT/IFFT acceleration engine, crest factor reduction, power amplifier predistortion, multi-rate filter design such as decimation/interpolation channelization and adaptive filters.
- Familiarity with digital beamforming and precoding concepts.
- Fluent in HDL language (Verilog/VHDL) as well as high-level DSP design flows (DSPBA).
- Experience with FPGA optimization techniques including crossing clock domains, clock and resource optimization techniques, timing closure and place-and-route procedures.
- Hands experience with lab measurement equipment such as signal generators, spectrum analyzer, phase noise analyzers.
- Experience with RF Systems Engineering including knowledge of RF performance metrics (EVM, ACLR, phase noise).
- Software programming (C/Python) skills.
- Familiarity with fronthaul and transport access standards (O-RAN, eCPRI, CPRI, IEEE 1914.3)
- Familiarity with IEEE 1588 precise timing protocol (PTP) and synchronous Ethernet (syncE).
- Familiarity with ARM embedded processing.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degrees in electrical engineering.
- +6 years of experience in wireless and/or telecommunication industry