VP of China Corporate Strategy Office
China is a critical market for us. The Head of China Corporate Strategy Office will play a critical role in shaping and driving the long-term strategy for Intel in China. This senior level executive will work to define the market opportunity based on, e.g., an analysis of underlying market and geopolitical dynamics; develop near and long-term business strategies; identify, evaluate, and recommend potential inorganic growth opportunities; support the execution of our overall strategic initiatives.
The China Corporate Strategy Office leader will need to operate as a strategic partner and trusted advisor to the China region leader and business unit GMs, headquarters executive leaders, and external stakeholders to proactively understanding and influencing existing business strategies and growth initiatives. They will develop (along with China region leader, BU GMs and staff) business cases in support of transformational growth opportunities and effectively partner with the Corporate Strategy Office teams in the development of strategic long range planning exercises and corporate strategic discussions, that will ultimately result in the development of highly impactful strategic initiatives.
In this role, you will:
- Develop an ongoing outlook for underlying market and geopolitical dynamics (in partnership with our Gov't affairs team); assess on a continuing basis the competitive and market landscape
- Work with China region leaders and HQ BU leaders to establish a process for developing and continuously refine our China strategy in response to changes in the underlying market and geopolitical conditions
- Actively interface with external stakeholders potentially including AmCham China, the US Embassy, China gov't entities, and third party consulting agencies to ensure strategies are well-aligned and well-informed across a multitude of critical stakeholders.
- Conduct strategic analyses of existing and adjacent markets to help identify and evaluate potential product, innovation, investments, partnerships and/or acquisitions opportunities necessary to support and accelerate our China strategy
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to establish a process for considering corporate development opportunities in a systematic way that leads to identification of growth opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships with ecosystem partners, customers, fellow-travelers, startups, VCs, and leading technology companies to inform our strategy and stay up to date with competitive landscape
- Lead broad, multi-functional matrixed senior teams that are assembled to work on specific strategic projects. Serves as a role model and/or mentor to help grow up and coming talent
- Prepare and present opportunities for review with executive management
- 10+ years of experience at a top-tier management consulting firm or 12+ years of experience in corporate strategy, corporate development and/or equivalent experience (e.g., scaling a business, driving change across a company)
- Strong cross-cultural communication and influence ability
- Demonstrated project management, leadership, and cross-group collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills through all levels of the organization Knowledge of tech landscape and ecosystem
- Deep network, experience and knowledge within both technical and financial ecosystem
- Demonstrated results and accountability for broad leadership, building of followership and role modeling of Intel's cultural attributes of:
o Customer obsessed - seek to understand what matters most to our customers, listening more and talking less.
o One Intel - we before me. We work across boundaries, collaborating across the aisle and around the world.
o Fearless - We are bold. We take risks and challenge ourselves. We fail fast, iterate and continuously improve.
o Truth and Transparency - allows the best ideas to emerge and speeds our ability to solve problems faster.
o Inclusion - Inclusion runs through each attribute and is integral to our culture evolution.
- Master's degree in Business Administration/related field
- Deep technical background in semiconductors, software, or a related field
- Desire to operate at the intersection of technology and business, spearheading organizational, operational, and technological change
- Demonstrated ability to excel in an innovative, fast-paced environment, with rapid exploration and ability to execute
- Demonstrated hypothesis-driven, problem-solving orientation with ability to leverage both quantitative and qualitative analyses to drive decision making
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to formulate and deliver insights around complex business problems in a thoughtful and persuasive manner
- Exceptionally strong personal initiative, good business instincts, and comfort with ambiguity
- Deep understanding of software and business technology markets, trends, and dynamics
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous high-priority projects (often including project management of cross-functional teams)