MDCX Product Development Engineer
The Intel Manufacturing Product Engineering (MPE) is seeking for a Product Development Engineer to work in a challenging and dynamic environment. You will be working on Manufacturing for Data center (MDCX) division. This challenging role will expose you to both HW and SW on systems. You need to have a strong understanding of computer and system architecture concepts and will have experience in system debug using software and hardware debug tools, operating system concepts and debug, understanding of processor block level diagrams, board layout and rework, firmware programming, platform troubleshooting, thermal tool operation and mechanics, automated systems, data collection, analysis, and reporting for trend spotting and driving closure of systematic issues. Your role is critical for the success of MPE delivering quality products.
For CPU silicon validation, Circuit Marginality Validation (CMV) is the area that focuses on validating the safety margins for circuits. Marginalities are defined as core silicon failures induced by varying a combination of voltage, temperature, and frequency with all other variables remaining constant.
In Circuit Marginality Validation (CMV), you will be responsible for Platform enabling, BIOS, CMV infrastructure, automation development, Thermal enabling, content enabling and validation, EDC, debug, data analysis and GB recommendation, system to tester miscorrelation. For more specifically:
- Developing CMV Test Program and checkout
- Test Program development, Integration and checkout
- CMV data collection, analysis and execution Data Analysis and Execution definition: Analyzing and
- Helping to drive the debug strategy for a given product
- Developing and driving the necessary debug hooks in silicon/boards to ensure debug-ability of the product
- Working with the CMV execution team to understand sightings and then driving those sightings to resolution
- Working with Silicon Debug teams to understand/track speed-paths and understand them for future improvements to our work
- Help to root-cause and resolve issues (board/HW/FW/SW) blocking or impeding execution
- Supporting PDE/Si Debug with any requests for additional tester content in order to carry out our charter of 'No circuit-related escapes to the customer'
- Working with the other debuggers to share BKMs and improve the knowledge base and ability of our team.
- Good work ethics, be a team player, ability to work independently
- High learning curve - Ability to learn new software tools in a dynamic environment
- Ability to handle challenging tasks assigned and drive towards closure.
- Clearly communicate the status of tasks and raise issues/concerns to supervisor immediately
- Ability to learn and make continuous improvement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and team oriented environment.
Behavioral traits that we are looking for:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a proven track record of creating and implementing integrated, multidiscipline solutions.
- Ability to work in unstructured environments and to initiate and drive new model path finding activity from ambiguity (concepts) to clarity (defined direction and development)
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, relationship management, effective listening and influencing skills that result in strong working partnerships across organization boundaries.
You must have a Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or in a related discipline with 3+ years OR a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or in a related discipline with 2+ years of experience OR a PhD in in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or in a related discipline with SOC analog/logic validation and characterization and additional experience include:
- C/C++ scripting skills
- Thorough understanding of Computer Architecture, X86 Architecture
- PC troubleshooting skills
- Java Scripting
- Windows Batch scripting skills
- Python scripting skills