[MDCX] Analog Engineer
Designs, develops, modifies and evaluates complex analog and mixed signal elec
Designs, develops, modifies and evaluates complex analog and mixed signal electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for analog and mixed signal electronic equipment and other hardware systems. Determines creative design approaches and parameters. Analyzes equipment to establish operating data. Conducts experimental tests and evaluates results. Applies and uses independent evaluation to selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability. Evaluates practical capability of vendor to support product development. Also includes Analog, MixedSignal and RF Development Engineers with specialized skills and expertise in developing Monolithic Integrated Circuits for wireless and wireline communications systems and products using CMOS, BiCMOS, SiGe, GaAs Process technologies.Qualifications
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your schoolwork/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences. This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
NOTE: This position is not eligible for employment-based visa/immigration sponsorship for those with a Bachelor's degree and less than 3 years of experience. Intel sponsors individuals for employment-based visas for positions where we experience a shortage of US Workers. These skills shortage roles are typically STEM contributing positions requiring a Master's or PhD degree, or a Bachelor's degree with three years' related job experience.
The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field with 4+ years experience OR a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field with 3+ years of experience in the following:
- Test development and execution using lab equipment for analog mixed signal circuit characterization and debug
- IO protocols specs, DFT architectures, and design PCI Express USB3 DDR etc.
- Development evaluation and validation of analog and DFT circuits including concepts such as jitter margining squelch equalization
- High frequency signal integrity concepts using frequency domain S-parameter and time domain metrics
- Thermal or power performance validation on silicon products
- Software scripting and programming in Python Perl or C
- Statistical data analysis using platforms such as JMP or R
- Using real time or sampling oscilloscopes bit error ratio testers BERTs power analyzers multimeters arbitrary waveform generators AWGs functional generators spectrum analyzers network analyzers and thermal control hardware
- Using software tools to analyze PCB physical layout and make recommendations on PCB design
- Driving automated test equipment to support debug and characterization of silicon
- RTL test writing simulation and validation
- Circuits and logic design methodology
- Device physics