Platform Monitoring Engineer Intern
Platform monitoring engineers specialize in the telemetry hardware used by developers for power and performance analysis. This opportunity is for a 5-6 month internship with our monitoring engineering team. The daily work for this job involves computer engineering, NOT developing software applications. Platform Monitoring Engineers work on a wide variety of tasks, have many opportunities for growth and specialization, and collaborate extensively with a community both internal and external to Intel. The role may involve:
- Both pre- and post-silicon validation of performance monitoring events,
- Working with architects to understand and explain events and their programming in tools, articles, and in the Intel Software Developers Manual,
- Debugging HW Observation issues in Intel analysis tools, and
- Developing software infrastructure, tests, tools, and prototypes needed to support the above tasks.
You must be available for a minimum internship duration of 10-12 weeks, with a maximum of 6 months. During your internship you must be available to work 40 hours/week. When applying, please specify your availability and your expected month/year of graduation. This role can be performed remotely from any US-based location.Qualifications
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Pursuing a graduate degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Completed Coursework in Computer Architecture / Micro-Architecture
- Experience coding test kernels and/or automation in a high-level programming or scripting language
Additionally, the best candidates for this job would:
- Have a strong interest in computer system architecture and/or microarchitecture
Inside this Business GroupEnable amazing computing experiences with Intel Software continues to shape the way people think about computing – across CPU, GPU, and FPGA architectures. Get your hands on new technology and collaborate with some of the smartest people in the business. Our developers and software engineers work in all software layers, across multiple operating systems and platforms to enable cutting-edge solutions. Ready to solve some of the most complex software challenges? Explore an impactful and innovative career in Software.Covid StatementIntel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.htmlAnnual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado:$52,000.00-$147,000.00Working ModelThis role is available as a fully home-based and generally would require you to attend Intel sites only occasionally based on business need. This role may also be available as our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.
Requirements listed would be obtained through a combination of industry relevant job experience, internship experiences and or schoolwork/classes/research.
No jobs have been viewed recently.View All Jobs
No jobs have been saved.View All Jobs