Mechanical Engineer (Facilities)
Join Intel and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation.
In addition, CS approaches Diversity & Inclusion with the same rigor, accountability and visibility as our critical business strategies, embedding diversity and inclusion practices in everything we do! We are responsible for building an environment where all employees feel empowered to achieve their full potential. We are a global workforce that generates diversity of thought and innovation, resulting in better overall business results. Corporate Services values and embraces individual uniqueness and empowers employees to bring their whole selves to deliver their very best. We thoughtfully embed inclusivity and diversity as core strengths in our hiring, career development and training practices. Corporate Services’ success depends on our people and we highly value our amazing employees. Make Corporate Services your workplace of choice today!
As a Mechanical Engineer your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide Facilities engineering leadership to the site organizations in support of Safety, Reliability, Quality, Environmental and Cost objectives.
- Owning safety within area of influence; ensuring systems operate reliably to avoid manufacturing/facility (or operations) impacts by meeting uptime goals.
- Overlook projects to meet design criteria, scope, budget, and schedule.
- Oversight of planning, design, reconfiguration, construction, maintenance, and modifications to equipment, machinery, facilities systems, buildings, and structures as required to support business requirements.
- Delivering operational efficiency, maintenance, testing and commissioning solutions.
- Effective collaboration with construction and operations teams to coordinate work in the field.
- Identify and implement opportunities to achieve lowest cost of ownership to key stakeholders while maintaining reliability.
- Results are delivered through the application of engineering skills and tools.
- Systematic problem solving.
- Statistical validation of system performance.
- Collaboration with the Site Facility management team, suppliers, key stakeholders and through in-depth understanding of the operating systems to determine and ensure compliance to existing standards, specifications, building codes, and processes.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Problem solving skills.
- Communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and grow into technical areas beyond current education and area of expertise/experience.
- Skills to demonstrate application of structured problem solving methods and tools.
- Willingness to communicate tactical concepts across a wide range of employees; engineering peers to operational technicians to management.
- Skills to work effectively as an individual with minimal direction, and as part of a larger team.
- Skills to work and adapt in a rapidly changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Possess a personal focus on safety for themselves and those around them.
What we offer:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth. As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work.
- We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
This is an entry-level position and will be compensated accordingly.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience would be obtained through a combination of prior education level classes, and current level school classes, projects, research, and relevant previous job and/or internship experience. Position not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or related field of study.
- Experience in:
- Engineering intern.
- Large-scale manufacturing/ mechanical engineering facility services support.
- Identifying, analyzing and solving immediate issues with technical equipment.
- Mechanical (pumps, piping, valves, and other) and control (instrumentation, PCS and other) systems.
- Statistical Process control.
- Working in a production environment and/or with other facilities process systems.
- Commissioning Mechanical equipment such as pumps, boilers, chillers, HVAC units and compressors.
- Project planning, coordination and integration.