Platform Debug Technologist
Seattle, Washington, United States Job ID JR0241856 Job Category Software Engineering Work Mode Hybrid Experience Level Experienced
Job DescriptionIntegrates and debugs software across the stack for a specific product, platform, feature, or technology throughout the product lifecycle, including presilicon development, power on, and/or postsilicon development. Debugs software across multiple layers of the software stack including firmware, drivers, and operating systems. Develops a software debug plan and associated methodologies. Analyzes issues, manages sightings from various validation streams, determines root cause, and drives or develops improvements. Drives project stress and stability and supports power, performance, and key KPI task forces.
- A.S, B.S or M.S with minimum 12 years of system software development, integration and debug experience.
- Proficient in C/C++, Python. Good knowledge of Intel architecture (SoCs, CPU, PCH, GPU)
- Software, firmware, platform debug proficiency is a must.
- Full knowledge of Windows OS, drivers stack, tools is essential to debug issues.
- Expert in understanding and influencing Windows PC ecosystem partners and vendors.
- Excellent collaboration, problem-solving skills. Should be able to present root cause of systemic issues to senior technical leaders and executive management.
- PC ecosystem issues debug knowledge is preferred.
- Having direct customer and vendor engagement experience is a plus.
- Requirements listed would be obtained through a combination of industry relevant job experience, internship experiences and or schoolwork/classes/research.
Inside this Business GroupThe Client Computing Group (CCG) is responsible for driving business strategy and product development for Intel's PC products and platforms, spanning form factors such as notebooks, desktops, 2 in 1s, all in ones. Working with our partners across the industry, we intend to continue to advance PC experiences to deliver the real-world performance people demand. As the largest business unit at Intel, CCG is investing more heavily in the PC, ramping its capabilities even more aggressively, and designing the PC experience even more deliberately, including delivering a predictable cadence of leadership products. As a result, we are able to fuel innovation across Intel, providing an important source of IP and scale, as well as help the company deliver on its purpose of enriching the lives of every person on earth.
Covid StatementIntel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.html
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Washington: $180,270.00-$288,770.00
*Salary range dependent on a number of factors including location and experience
Working ModelThis role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.Position of TrustThis role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Recruiter.
Maggie Offensive Security Researcher
“I’ve always wanted to do something that changes the world — at Intel, I feel appreciated, and I’ve gained more confidence in myself. It makes me feel like I’m capable of doing great things.”
- Software Engineer Team Lead Petah Tikva, Israel View Job
- Wireless SoC System Engineer Bengaluru, India View Job
- Software Engineer Multiple Locations View Job
You don't have Saved Jobs yet.View All Jobs