Hardware Design Engineer
Business group overview: The Intel Validation Engineering (iVE) organization is Intel's premier validation organization with responsibility across the Test Chip, Datacenter, Client, and Graphics segments. Within iVE the Manufacturing Validation Solutions Hardware team (MVSHW) delivers the critical validation hardware necessary for the success of iVE and Intel. Validation hardware ranges from complex and high-density-interconnect (HDI) circuit boards and systems to add-in cards to innovative sockets and mechanical and thermal control solutions. The team develops leading edge new hardware technologies in support of Intel's next generation, new technology products.
This position is for a mid to senior lead hardware design engineer working for the iVE Manufacturing Validation Solutions Hardware (MVSHW) development team. You will be a lead engineer in a team chartered with development of validation and manufacturing hardware in support of new Intel silicon. This will include the design of stand-alone platforms, various add on boards, interposer and adapter boards to enable silicon/system validation and manufacturing test. In this role, you will be responsible for interfacing with silicon, package, platform, system validation, and manufacturing test teams to ensure that project requirements are met.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Conducting platform definition and feasibility studies, schematic capture for multilayer circuit boards, and generation of all output materials required for board layout. Circuits include high-speed, power, and standard debug interfaces (SMBus, JTAG).
- Analyzing system timing and signal integrity.
- Documenting routing rules, working with PCB layout designers for layout, and checking board files for correctness.
- Developing FPGA code and Python scripts for the project.
- Defining and executing board hardware test plans, performing system debug and verification.
- Partnering with multiple external teams leads to resolve technical project issues.
- Working with customers to resolve reported problems.
- Driving multi-site geo collaboration with other board designers, PCB layout designers, signal integrity engineers, power integrity engineers, board fabricators, and Intel validation and manufacturing test teams.
Candidate must exhibit the following behavioral traits/skills:
- Understanding of PCB manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated track record of technical leadership and influencing skills.
- Self-motivated with written and verbal communication skills .
- Ability to work in a dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with teams across multiple countries and geographies.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Candidate must possess BS degree with 3+ years of experience or MS degree with 2+ years of experience or PhD degree with 1+ year of experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or related fields.
3+ years of cumulative experience in the following:
- Designing and debugging high speed boards.
- PCB circuit design, schematics, BOM, and board/system level debug.
- Familiar with power design
- Analog and high-speed digital design knowledge/experience, analytical and debugging skills.
- Familiar with processor architecture, digital circuit design and communications protocols such as I2C, DDR, PCIe, USB.
- Lab equipment including but not limited to DMM, logic analyzer interfaces and oscilloscopes
1+ years of experience in the following:
- Project Lead skills: Able to lead small teams to implement the design.
- Signal integrity/Power integrity:
- FPGA Logic design
- Software: C/C++ and python
Inside this Business GroupAs the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.
Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, California: $102,120.00-$169,020.00
*Salary range dependent on a number of factors including location and experience