Senior Backend Software Engineer
Do you want to innovate and create an industry-leading developer cloud?
The Intel cloud team within the Software and Advanced Technology Group (SATG) is developing and shaping the way people think about computing by focusing on developers, ecosystem partners, and academia. We are redefining the space with cutting-edge cloud services which leverage our portfolio of industry-leading SW and HW. Join us if you want to drive the business success of the world’s most innovative developer cloud.
This full-time position aims to find a new member of our software development team.
You will work together with other development team members to:
- Derive infrastructure design requirements.
- Build, test, and automate tools appropriate to the project, and/or implement and maintain those systems.
- Own the end-to-end delivery pipeline, including source code management, versioning/tagging strategy, component build and packaging, test automation tooling, required security and IP scans, any third-party conformance tools, artifact storage, and distribution.
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions for increased automation, reliability, and/or velocity within the pipeline through the implementation of robust infrastructure telemetry, KPIs, and indicators, and by monitoring and applying industry best practices.
Expected behavioral traits:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and willing to work independently and in teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with diverse levels of management in identifying and resolving issues.
- Exercising judgment and discretion to develop solutions, remove obstacles and redefine approaches.
- Willingness to share technical knowledge with junior peers.
- Contribute to team members learning new technical and non-technical skills.
- Proven positive attitude and effective communication skills.
- Proactive and quality oriented.
- Deal with frequent changes in the environment and unexpected events.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position.
Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job.
- Advanced English level.
- Candidate must have a permanent unrestricted right to work in Costa Rica.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline.
- The following areas through work or education with at least 5 years of experience:
- Programming experience with one or more of the following languages: Python and Go.
- Technical knowledge in CI/CD systems (such as Jenkins), automation, and general DevOps technology.
- Understanding good software engineering practices, source control management, and testing methodologies.
- Experience with Agile software development practices and Scrum framework.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline.
- Programming experience with Bash and advanced Linux knowledge.
- Technical knowledge of Docker containers, Kubernetes, and Docker registries.
- Experience deploying using Helm Charts.
- Experience with test-driven development and unit testing.