Facilities UPW Technician
Join Intel and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation.
Intel Corporation's state of the art facilities gives you the opportunity to learn a variety of technical and operational skills to develop, operate, maintain, and repair the world's most advanced facility equipment, in a demanding and challenging operations environment.
Life at Intel link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/life-at-intel.html
In this position, you will work as Ultra-Pure water technician. You will be interacting with engineering as well as other operation technicians maintaining all Ultrapure water systems that include UPW, HERO, Polished, Advanced Oxidation Process (AOP), Soft Water Systems (SWS), Litho UPW (LUPW), Reverse Osmosis Product (ROP), Reverse makeup and recycled UPW system. In addition to the treatment systems you will also maintain the Industrial Water (IW) and City Water systems.
The successful candidate will be required to work a compressed week, night shift schedule.
As a UPW Technician your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Operate and maintain ultra-pure water systems which support our operations facilities
- Perform routine preventative and corrective maintenance procedures on a wide variety of building and facility equipment, fixtures and systems.
- Utilize quality systems and diagnosing process issues related to Reverse Osmosis, Filtration, Ion Exchange, Ultra Violet Light Sterilization etc.
- Maintain Analytical equipment and creating the Statistical reports (Preventative Excursion Management Systems)
- Utilize Maximo Maintenance planning software
- Assignments are semi-routine in nature with work performed within generally defined parameters. Some degree of judgment required in resolving non-standard problems.
- Interact with factory and other customers and stakeholders
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Willingness to collaborate effectively with a diverse, high-performing team to achieve challenging goals.
- Curiosity and a predisposition for learning and problem solving skill
Candidate must be willing to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs, pull 250lbs at least once a day and spend the majority of time on the floor working with tool sets, walking 3-5 miles a day, and/or standing/sitting for 9 hours.
- Work a night shift compressed work week schedule ' Shift is twelve hours long and rotates from three to four days a week. This is a night shift position. Work ergonomically within in confined spaces. Perform job roles and responsibilities while wearing personal protective equipment PPE. Work from heights and climb ladders. Operate a PIT forklift, pallet jack and spend a considerable part of your day working in a mobile environment. Multitask issues and carry a team duty phone 3+ years of work experience in Related Field
Intel invests in our people and offers a complete and competitive package of benefits employees and their families through every stage of life.
See https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.htm for more details.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
The candidate must have at least one of the following:
- AA/AS degree in a water program and 3+ years of water work experience in Reverse Osmosis or Filtration or Ion Exchange or Ultra Violet Light Sterilization operations.
- Military service and 2+ years of water work experience in Reverse Osmosis or Filtration or Ion Exchange or Ultra Violet Light Sterilization operations.
- In lieu of degree, High School graduate with 5 + years water work experience in Reverse Osmosis or Filtration or Ion Exchange or Ultra Violet Light Sterilization operations.