Facilities Fire Protection/Life Safety System Technician
Join Intel and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation.
Intel Corporation's state of the art facilities gives you the opportunity to learn a variety of technical and operational skills to develop, operate, maintain, and repair the world's most advanced facility equipment, in a demanding and challenging operations environment.
Life at Intel link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/life-at-intel.html
As a Facilities Fire Protection/Life Safety System Technician your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provides assistance and day to day execution related expertise concerning life safety systems including Fire Alarm, Sprinkler/Suppression systems, and their ancillaries (Gas/chemical alarms, smoke evacuation, fire curtains/doors, etc.).
- Serves as the supporting advocate and voice for fire alarm upgrades and replacements as necessary and provides Fire Alarm and Sprinkler System design review including systems monitored by or connected to fire alarm systems (hold doors, fire doors/curtains, critical gas, and chemical alarms, etc.).
- Helps to review water and chemical suppression system designs and project submittals and request information documents.
- Provides experience based and practical engineering support and guidance for design and construction of Life Safety Systems.
- Helps optimize life safety systems or necessary modifications as a result of building/occupancy changes and recommend improvements to meet code.
- Assists in maintaining design standards and specifications regarding Life Safety Systems and works directly with manufacturers on system related issues and system implementation / integration.
- Maintains working knowledge of applicable regulations, codes, and standards and makes sure they are being followed in all the life safety system.
Candidate must be willing to work a compressed work week schedule ' Shift is twelve hours long and rotates from three to four days a week.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
Candidate must possess at least one of the following educational or experience requirements:
- Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree in a technical discipline (OR)
- Certification in any STEM or any other technical field of study. (OR)
- Military Experience. (OR)
- 1+ more years of work experience in operating and/or maintaining life safety or fire protection systems.
2+ years of experience in the following:
- Operating and troubleshooting PLC's or EST3 Fire alarm systems
- Reading electrical schematics, P and ID's
- Practical knowledge of:PLC/HMI systems such as Allen Bradley, Siemens, etc.
- Edwards EST3 notifications systems
- Edwards Fireworks
- Permalert leak detection systems
- Xtralis VESDA aspirating smoke detection
- NFPA codes and standards