IT infrastructure and DevOps Engineer
Job Description for IT Infrastructure and DevOps Engineer:
- IT Infrastructure and DevOps Engineer must have knowledge and good experience in most of the below skillsets, if not all.
- Ensures the efficient planning, provisioning, installation/configuration, maintenance, and/or operations of the hardware and software infrastructure required to build, validate, and release a wide variety of hardware and software products and projects.
- Works closely with development and quality teams to derive infrastructure design requirements, build, test, and automate tools appropriate to the project, and/or implements and maintains of those systems within the constraints imposed by Intel enterprise infrastructure (IT) and other governing bodies.
- Owns the end-to-end delivery pipeline, including source code management, versioning/tagging strategy, component build and packaging, test automation tooling, release staging, acceptance and/or indicators, required security and IP scans, any third-party conformance tools, artifact storage and distribution, and disaster-recovery planning.
- Identifies opportunities and implements solutions for increased automation, reliability, and/or velocity within the pipeline through implementation of robust infrastructure telemetry, KPIs, and indicators, and by monitoring and applying industry best-practices.
We are looking for an Infrastructure and DevOps Engineer to join Enterprise Operations Group, under IT, developing, maintaining, and supporting the Workload Automation tool, a.k.a Job Scheduling tool.
- Have prior experience working on a Workload Automation tool, a.k.a Job Scheduling tool
- Have knowledge and work experience of one of the prominent industry standard job scheduling tools is a must
- Have the knowledge and understanding of infrastructure setup, network, Windows, Linux OS, latest security concepts
- Have working experience with one of the Database technologies - MS SQL, MYSQL or PostgreSQL
- Possess the knowledge of one of the scripting languages - Perl, PowerShell, C++ / C#, Java, Bash Shell Script and/or Python
- Possess ITIL knowledge - Incident, Problem and Service Management.
- Demonstrate ability to be take care of support activities and adhere to the IT/Org defined processes and meet the efficiency goals in operations
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess ability to multi-task and solve complex software problems
- Candidate must have a bachelor's degree in computer science/equivalent with a minimum of 10 years of IT experience.
- Candidate must have technical/hands-on experience on ANY ONE of the Workload Automation tool, a.k.a Job Scheduling tool, like RunMyJobs or Autosys.
- Candidate must be good in analytical and troubleshooting skills, be a good team player, self-driven and self-motivated
- Knowledgeable and passionate about customer satisfaction and user experience
- Must have good interpersonal skills and good written and verbal communication skills.