Senior Construction Program Manager (m/f/d)
Intel has announced a major expansion of Intel’s production capacities in Europe and plans to develop two first-of-their-kind semiconductor fabs in Magdeburg, Germany, the capital of Saxony-Anhalt. A State Aid Approval procedure for the project is currently pending with the European Commission. According to current planning production at the site is expected to start in four to five years following the European Commission’s approval.
Join our Intel Fab Construction Enterprise FCE in building the world's largest semiconductor manufacturing factories across the globe. The future is what we build.
We are looking for world class technical talent to join our Intel Magdeburg Fab Construction Enterprise (FCE) Team in building one the world's largest semiconductor manufacturing factories across the globe. Our enterprise manages a portfolio of capital projects with a large contractor workforce that encompasses outsourced general contractors, A/E Architecture and Engineering firms and key trade companies in the Semiconductor Construction Industry. The scope of our work includes but is not limited to new factory and site infrastructure construction as well as install and hook up of the manufacturing equipment.
If you enjoy working with the latest technology in a rewarding, fast-paced environment, this is the right place for you. Everywhere you go, you'll find an opportunity to make a difference. In any given workday, you will be given responsibility to innovate and create an impact to our business.
As a key member of the Project Execution Team, the Senior Program Managerwill be responsible for managing a portfolio of programs that have 500M-1B dollars in yearly spends, with a contractor workforce ranging from 2000 to 6000 contingent workers encompassing outsourced general contractors, A/E Architecture and Engineering firms, and key trade companies in the Semiconductor and Office Building Construction Industry.
This role will require close engagement with customers, stakeholders and partners as well as leadership of the site project execution team.
The position reports to the Director of Construction (DOC) and in this role the person will directly support all day-to-day operations of the DOC and will be accountable for aspects of the site portfolio of work including leadership of the site project team, supplier management, day to day operations, major project scope, schedule performance and budget monitoring and controls for Intel construction projects without impact to factory operations. This role is expected to make breakthroughs in our construction capability, productivity, and agility through sourcing and developing contractor companies and making significant changes in integrated construction solutions. This role includes driving cultural change, development of the people on-site, workforce planning, people and skills development, strategic leadership, and driving synergy between site and enterprise resources. The position may require a temporary training assignments abroad, prior to assignment to Magdeburg, Germany.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Create synergy with enterprise ecosystem, engaging with key customers and stakeholders to achieve shared program results.
- Continuously shape the environment, anticipating and solving complex problems.
- Shape an organization to enable trust, understanding, and empowerment while retaining effectiveness, agility, simplicity, and efficiency.
- Develop and enable a bias for action with unity of effort and purpose.
- Create clearly defined connections and flows that translate business and technical requirements into high quality constructible solutions.
- Integrate enterprise capabilities to create maximum effects on key program indicators.
- Frame risk and share your understanding to enable agility and momentum across programs.
- Develop world class supplier partnerships with leading sourcing and procurement solutions and deliver continuous improvements in business results, quality, schedule, and cost.
- Lead and successfully manage a wide spectrum of Construction projects to enable Intel businesses including new Fab modules, Fab conversions, and special building projects as we transform to a Data Centric company.
- Foster innovation and transform traditional construction practices by driving new methods and engineering solutions, leveraging industry insights to Intel's multidimensional challenges.
- Help build an organization that is lean, efficient, and collaborative.
- Transform the culture and set the pace relative to the best in the world for safety, operational excellence, innovation, partnership, customer service.
- Leadership philosophy that makes Fab Construction the best place to work in Intel.
- Build and drive safety Culture of Care in every business environment, office to the construction sites, and from front-end planning to construction execution.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Expertise to manage and lead discussions with executive management, drilling down to details and managing an effort hands-on as the need arises.
- Skills to manage and lead across diverse groups and stakeholders while optimizing the solution for Intel.
- Solid resume of large-scale operations, programs, and project management.
- Strategic leadership and communication skills.
- Skills to drive decision making and change at the cadence Moore's law requires and the expertise to partner and influence in a highly matrix environment.
- Complex problem solving using a structured process, constraint management and site operations.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel or relocate to support the business needs of growth at Intel.
- Champion and value the safety Culture of Care throughout the project lifecycle.
You must possess on of the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor's and/ or Master's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Business or related field with numerous years of leadership experience as a design manager, engineering manager, construction manager, or equivalent leadership role in large scale organizations and program management.
- Multiple years of demonstrated strategic and people leadership, Program management in large scale construction industry will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- German and English fluency required.
- Knowledge and expertise in Construction, Facilities, Fab Technology, Quality and Lean are strongly desirable
- Expertise in program management
- Knowledge of the Construction life cycle
- Knowledge of Semiconductor facilities systems and operations
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
At Intel inclusion means we recognize and respect the worth and dignity of every employee. We promote and sustain a sense of belonging, valuing diverse talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and experiences to help Intel win. Our success depends on Intel’s amazing employees. Make Intel your workplace of choice today. Intel provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees in all areas of employment.
Intel does not discriminate based on race, characteristics that are commonly or historically associated with race including hair, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.