Off Site Manufacturing (OSM) Project Manager (f/m/d)
Intel has announced a major expansion of Intel’s production capacities in Europe and plans to develop two first-of-their-kind semiconductor fabs in Magdeburg, Germany, the capital of Saxony-Anhalt. A State Aid Approval procedure for the project is currently pending with the European Commission. According to current planning production at the site is expected to start in four to five years following the European Commission’s approval.
Join our Intel Fab Construction Enterprise FCE in building the world's largest semiconductor manufacturing factories across the globe. The future is what we build.
We are looking for world-class technical talent to join our team. If you enjoy working with the latest technology in a rewarding fast-paced environment this is the right place for you. Everywhere you go you'll find an opportunity to make a difference. In any given workday you will be given the responsibility to innovate and create an impact on our business.
This position reports to the Global OSM manager (based in US) and in this role, the person will be accountable for all aspects of Off-Site Manufacturing, influencing Program and Project Managers to strive for higher levels of Off-Site manufacturing to drive down cost, improve schedule certainty and move people hours offsite, thereby driving safety, efficiency and reducing risk to the Intel Production lines. This role entails intensive planning and design efforts in various areas of this function, for this project and related projects.
This is an onsite position at our campus in Magdeburg, Germany and relocation assistance will be provided. Training assignments may be required at other domestic or international locations.
As an Off-Site Manufacturing (OSM) Project Manager, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Own, execute and deliver OSM Scope of Work on the assigned project.
- Work closely with Project Director and interact with other Project Managers to meet overall project objectives and requirements including safety, cost, and schedule targets.
- Work closely with Global OSM Manager to meet overall OSM KPIs, support global OSM strategies and initiatives, including OSM repeatability, critical path relaxation, new OSM opportunity identification, new OSM product development, OSM best practices, and OSM lessons learned.
- Define Project OSM Scope and develop Project OSM Execution Strategies and Plan.
- Work closely with design teams, supply chain management and logistics to move construction scope to more efficient supplier-based or offsite fabrication facilities.
- Provide guidance to OSM or module engineering design methodology, develop OSM or module fabrication process and installation sequence.
- Lead, oversee and supervise all OSM activities in entire project cycle from pre-construction planning to module shops/yards fabrication and assembly to site installation and commissioning. Interact and interface with other functions and effective communication and problem-solving to OSM-related engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction issues.
- Manage design-build General Contractor and Subcontractors (OSM related), OSM Suppliers or module fabrication yards including onboarding, alignment, project review and health check, progress monitoring and driving, change management and problem-solving.
- Develop OSM technical bidding package and participate OSM Supplier and Module Yard (MY) selection and provide recommendations in decision making process.
- Work closely with on-site construction team, traffic and logistic teams in planning OSM/module job site and road/river/ocean transportation routes from MY to Jobsite.
- Influence and collaborate the design teams to identify key scopes capable of being manufactured offsite or jobsite proximity.
- Act as champion of offsite construction HSE activities and work closely with HSE Lead to meet safety goals.
- Drive QA/QC team to overview/inspect module fabrication quality, testing and packaging before staring transportation to Job site.
- Manage and implement risk mitigation planning for OSM/module execution and transportation.
- Drive engineering teams on existing and new OSM repeatability that can be utilized /replicated for future projects/programs.
- Lead OSM value proposition including procurement, finance and estimating teams to determine feasibility and Return of Investment (ROI), of potential OSM skids, modules, building to maximize ROI and limit risk to the programs.
- Responsible for schedule and cost control during OSM or module engineering design, fabrication, transportation, installation, and commissioning.
- Ensure implementation of quality program into all OSM phases from design to turnover.
- Foster innovation and transform traditional construction practices by driving OSM and Lean methods and engineering solutions.
- Drive the applicable best practice from other projects and industry, collect Lessons learned and Best-Known methods (BKMs) after project completion.
- Any other tasks assigned by Project Director and Global OSM Manager.
- Build and drive safety culture of caring in every business environment, office to the construction sites, and from front-end planning to construction execution.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Self-motivated and Self-starter.
- Can-do Attitude, Open Mindset and embracing changes.
- Fast-pace and multi-task handling.
- Expertise to manage across diverse groups and stakeholders while optimizing the solution for Intel.
- Leadership, management, and communication skills
- Skills to drive decision making and integration, partner, and influence in a highly matrix environment.
- Champion and value the safety culture of caring throughout the project lifecycle.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
The candidate must have at least one of the following:
- Bachelor's and/ or Master's degree of Science in Engineering or related field with the following years of experience: Proven track record and a number of years of experience in semiconductor industrial infrastructure/facility or Off-Site Manufacturing (OSM) or module construction or
- considerable years of experience in modularization or OSM development including concept and strategy, execution plan development and implementation.
- Proven track record of necessary experiences and years of experience in support of major high tech construction projects will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- English and German language required.
- Knowledge in the following areas: local and national codes, construction, micro schedule for pre-facilitation, understanding of sequence of construction activities and installation sequence.
- Experience, with OSM / Module engineering development or interaction in: Pre-Fabrication, Pre-Assembly, Offsite Manufacturing and Offsite Construction
- Semi-conductor or other high-tech industrial infrastructure or facility
- Supporting Systems in Boiler and Chiller Systems, Water and Utility Systems, Feedstock Pre-conditioning, and Post-treatment System
- Packaged Equipment, Skids and modular solutions including PFD, P/IDs, specification, datasheets, and drawings.
- Thorough understanding of respective engineering disciplines (CSA, Piping, Mechanical, E/I) and supply-chain functioning.
At Intel inclusion means we recognize and respect the worth and dignity of every employee. We promote and sustain a sense of belonging, valuing diverse talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and experiences to help Intel win. Our success depends on Intel’s amazing employees. Make Intel your workplace of choice today. Intel provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees in all areas of employment.
Intel does not discriminate based on race, characteristics that are commonly or historically associated with race including hair, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.