Construction Manager, Site Logistics (m/f/d)
Intel has announced a major expansion of Intel’s production capacities in Europe and plans to develop two first-of-their-kind semiconductor fabs in Magdeburg, Germany, the capital of Saxony-Anhalt. A State Aid Approval procedure for the project is currently pending with the European Commission. According to current planning production at the site is expected to start in four to five years following the European Commission’s approval.
Join our Intel Fab Construction Enterprise FCE in building the world's largest semiconductor manufacturing factories across the globe. The future is what we build.
We are looking for world class technical talent to join our Intel Magdeburg Fab Construction Enterprise (FCE) Team in building one the world's largest semiconductor manufacturing factories across the globe. Our enterprise manages a portfolio of capital projects with a large contractor workforce that encompasses outsourced general contractors, A/E Architecture and Engineering firms and key trade companies in the Semiconductor Construction Industry. The scope of our work includes but is not limited to new factory and site infrastructure construction as well as install and hook up of the manufacturing equipment.
If you enjoy working with the latest technology in a rewarding, fast-paced environment, this is the right place for you. Everywhere you go, you'll find an opportunity to make a difference. In any given workday, you will be given responsibility to innovate and create an impact to our business.
The position reports to the Director of Construction and may require a temporary training assignments abroad, prior to assignment to Magdeburg, Germany.
As a Construction Manager (Site Logistics) your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Development and maintenance of Site Construction trade headcount models including forecasting of resources requirements and tracking of actuals
- Maintenance of these models will require direct interface with both trade contractors and CM/GC/DB contractors to ensure all parties are meeting their obligations with respect to labor supply chain planning
- Development and implementation of processes and systems influencing repeatable performance of contract delivery models, utilizing unit rate compensation, cost reimbursable and Lump sum compensation strategies across the Construction project's scopes over a wide range of budgetary values
- Construction project logistics including busing, laydown areas, storage, and lunch facilities across the campus
- Construction supplier interface ensuring healthy and ethical relationship and construction practices across the project
- Team training focused on implementation of standard operating procedures across the project
- Efficient management of indirect costs incorporating all programs into a centralized tracking system
- Supplier resources including construction coordinators, trade contractors, and safety and quality suppliers
- Project leadership and mentoring/coaching of the project team
- Identifying and addressing project risk and issues
- Monitoring schedule and cost indicators
- Owning the management and coordination of support services required on a project providing integration with a site ensuring efficient utilization
- Close collaboration and partnering with Finance and Procurement organizations
- Demonstrate expertise in construction methods and techniques across multi-discipline scope of work
- Understanding of construction contracting and the development of negotiation plans in accordance with terms and conditions is needed
- Ability to initiate and manage all construction project processes and procedures
- Demonstrate ability to utilize, understand, and manage organizational systems or applications
- Role model Incident and Injury Free philosophies and behaviours ensuring cultural development and continuous improvement
- Demonstrate the capability to influence project resource alignment to project deliverables across organizational boundaries at the site level
- Capable of articulating organizational limitations in a manner that meets the customers' needs and are predictable
- Influences improvements to internal and external systems that are not effective
- Implementation of quality systems will be critical to ensure performance to stated project objectives, requiring superb communication skills for effective performance management of the supplier base
- Build and drive safety Culture of Caring in every business environment, office to the construction sites, and from front-end planning to construction execution
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Leadership and communication skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Drive decision making and change at the cadence Moore's law requires.
- Partner and influence in a high matrix environment.
- Champion and value the safety Culture of Caring throughout the project lifecycle.
You should possess at least one of the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
The candidate must have at least one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, or a closely related field with 6+ years of experience as construction manager, or equivalent construction leadership expertise.
- Master's degree in engineering, construction management, or a closely related field with 4+ years of experience as construction manager or equivalent construction leadership expertise.
- German and English fluency required.
- Semiconductor experience
- Advanced knowledge of construction industry standards inclusive of cost control methodologies, schedule philosophies and project execution techniques.
- Budget and contract experience
- Large scale projects and program management.
At Intel inclusion means we recognize and respect the worth and dignity of every employee. We promote and sustain a sense of belonging, valuing diverse talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and experiences to help Intel win. Our success depends on Intel’s amazing employees. Make Intel your workplace of choice today. Intel provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees in all areas of employment.
Intel does not discriminate based on race, characteristics that are commonly or historically associated with race including hair, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.