Optomechanical Design Engineer
Innovative product leadership requires creative, motivated people to develop the next generation of technologies for our customers. As an opto-mechanical design engineer, you will be building and deploying optical toolsets used in product development and high-volume manufacturing. This will include requirements capture, supporting modeling and simulation exercises, and building, characterizing, and qualifying toolsets.
You will become the main point of contact for hands-on deployment of upgrades and new functionality into a wide set of opto-mechanical systems engaging with a broad interdisciplinary team composed of scientists and engineers in laser development, chemical processing, optical design, chip assembly, component packaging and manufacturing.
Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Master's degree in Physics, Photonics or Electronics
or other related field
- Working knowledge of laser beam delivery and
- 1+ years hands-on experience in building opto-
mechanical components and systems
- Experience in instrument coding e.g. Python
- Ability to gather, analyze and present technical data
in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to specify component requirements
- Ability to work with suppliers for outsourced
- Experience in simulation e.g. MATLAB
- Knowledge of the principals of motion control
including hardware considerations, control
algorithms and diagnostics
Requirements listed would be obtained through a combination of industry relevant job experience, internship experiences and or schoolwork/classes/research.