Software Research Engineer/Scientist
Join Intel-and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come. Design and Patterning AI group under Intel's Technology Development (TD) organization is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, and innovative software engineer to develop mission-critical software solutions for our design and process teams. As a Software Research Engineer you will develop computational tools and AI/ML applications that improve patterning solutions, decrease process debug time, improve design efficiency, and bridge the gap between design and manufacturing. Your work will span solution exploration, technical design, implementation, deployment in a production environment, and maintenance of the deployed solutions. You will be required to find innovative solutions to problems, collaborate with internal teams to ensure data integrity, implement custom algorithms to perform feature engineering, develop efficient software solutions that meet the compute constraints, and ensure code quality to enable deployment in a production environment. You will work closely with a talented group of engineers who are experts in their fields and take on challenging real-world problems to advance Intel's march along IDM 2.0 strategy.
The candidate should also exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Communication and partnership skills, able to interface with team members and customers.
- Demonstrate data analytics skills to communicate complex data in a simple, process issues and identification of a solution
- A proactive mindset for handling ambiguity and diverse tasks
What we offer:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
- As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs, and amenities, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and much more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work.
This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly
We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
You must possess the minimum qualifications listed below, to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school/work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- The candidate must have a Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics, or other relevant related degrees with a software focus.
- Candidate must have 12+ months of work or educational experience in the following: Programming (C++/Python), data analysis, CAD tool development
- Candidate must have 6+ months of development experience in a Linux environment
Minimum 6 months of experience in two of the following:
- implementing efficient data structures for software tool development
- implementing efficient (runtime and memory) algorithms to solve CAD/AI problems
- data analysis methods including statistical methods
- numerical algorithm design
- computational geometry algorithms
- database design for big data
Inside this Business GroupAs the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.
Other LocationsUS, AZ, Phoenix; US, CA, Santa Clara
Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, California: $119,130.00-$178,690.00
*Salary range dependent on a number of factors including location and experience