Physical Design / Verification Development Engineer
Join Intel and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
As a Physical Design Engineer, you are expected to perform the following:
- Develop test patterns to qualify the physical design rules for correct implementations.
- Develop automation to run regressions, auto detect issues and generate QA validation reports.
- You are also expected to fil bug reports and work closely with runset developers and rule writers on validating the rules
- Develop Density fill solution in multiple platforms that meet the process requirement and conform to the required specifications
- Work closely with Technology development on evaluating density fille solutions/recipes and provide feedback to ensure fill density is kept simple for customers' ease of use and inline foundry services requirement.
- Work with EDA on tool developments/improvements to enhance performance, add functionality and improve capacity.
What we offer: We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth. As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results. We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate. We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs, and amenities, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and much more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work. We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today
This is an entry level position and compensation will be given accordingly.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position.
Preferred qualifications are in addition to the requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Knowledge and/or experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your schoolwork and/or classes and/or research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences .
Candidate must possess a MS degree with 6+ months of experience OR Ph.D. degree with 1+ years of experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
6+ months experience (could be university course work) in the following areas:
- VLSI OR circuit layout, transistor's type, and usage, AND software development in TCL or Python
1+ years of experience in the following:
- Calibre SVRF and TVF, Synopsys ICV and cadence Pegasus.
- Layout and/or schematic entry using Cadence Virtuoso and/or Synopsys Custom Designer.
- Semiconductor device physics models and technology scaling.
Inside this Business GroupAs the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.
Other LocationsUS,TX,Austin;US,AZ,Phoenix;US,CA,Santa Clara
Covid StatementIntel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.htmlAnnual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, California: $102,540.00-$153,580.00
*Salary range dependent on a number of factors including location and experience