Media Engagement and Communications Specialist Technology Development
Join Intel and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
The Intel Global Communications Group is a team of communications professionals spanning public relations, reputation management, corporate communications, executive communications, analyst relations, content, narrative, thought leadership and employee communications. It's a fast paced, dynamic, and exciting environment. We are looking for a thoughtful, collaborative and organized team member who can thrive at the center of always-on communications.
With an established background in media relations and tech communications, the Media Engagement and Communications Specialist will drive development and execution of an external communications program for Intel's Technology Development organization. Candidates should have understanding of the semiconductor industry along with skills in strategic planning and storytelling. Importantly, the successful candidate will thrive working in a highly matrixed organization and enjoy collaborating with the industry's best and brightest practitioners.
This person engages with a diverse mix of colleagues across the global marketing and communications organizations, as well as senior level business stakeholders. Essential qualities include grace under pressure, confidence to drive consensus, ambition to solve challenges, skilled stakeholder management, and a global mindset.
This specialized role reports into the head of Design and Development Communications within the Technology and Executive Communications organization – a team that is responsible for driving best in class communications for Intel's core businesses and select senior executives. Our work serves to promote and protect Intel's reputation among business, technology and trade audiences, helping the company achieve recognition as a leader and innovator.
The role is an exciting and dynamic opportunity to develop and execute strategic communications plans that directly impact one of Intel's primary technology groups. The scope includes strategic planning, managing external communications engagements, content development, alignment with internal communications opportunities, and partnering with multiple global teams within GCG (corporate, employee, technology and international communications, financial and c-suite media relations leads, integrated storytelling leads, etc.), multiple Intel technology groups, and the respective leadership teams and executive offices.
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Drive development and implementation of a comprehensive communications program on behalf of Intel's technology development organization
- Ongoing media and influencer engagement
- Create messaging and content that demonstrate Intel's technology leadership
- Manage the planning for and execution of technology disclosures and announcements
- Support company and industry moments with Intel's technology development narrative
- Work closely with contracted agencies
In addition to the qualifications a successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Willingness to travel
- Semiconductor industry business and marketing communications acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the demonstrated willingness to turn complex ideas into stories and visual concepts easily understood by a broad audience
- Organization, program management and content development skills, with a demonstrated willingness to communicate status on concurrent projects while meeting milestones and deadlines
- Flexible and resilient problem solver with the willingness to build broad-based consensus and manage sensitive situations; demonstrated willingness to work across teams
- Interpersonal communication skills with the maturity to interact comfortably with a vast spectrum of hierarchy within the function
- Existing relationships with technology influencers and knowledge of technology, economic and market issues a plus
What we offer:
- As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work.
- We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. This Position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Administration or related field required.
- 4+ years of experience in technology-related public relations or corporate communications.
Inside this Business GroupIntel's Sales and Marketing (SMG) organization works with global customers and partners to solve critical business problems with Intel based technology solutions. SMG works across business units to amplify the customer voice and deliver solutions that accelerate their business. We work across numerous industries, including retail, enterprise and government, cloud services and healthcare as examples. The operations team focuses on forecasting, driving alignment with factory production and delivering efficiency tools and our marketing capability drives demand and localized marketing in locations around the globe. Our sales force navigates a complex partner and customer ecosystem while shaping product roadmaps, driving value for our customers, and collaborating to harness emerging technology trends to deliver comprehensive solutions.
Other LocationsUS,AZ,Phoenix;US,CA,Folsom;US,CA,San Diego;US,CA,Santa Clara
Covid StatementIntel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.html
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, California: $102,120.00-$169,020.00
*Salary range dependent on a number of factors including location and experience
Working ModelThis role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.
Maggie Offensive Security Researcher
“I’ve always wanted to do something that changes the world — at Intel, I feel appreciated, and I’ve gained more confidence in myself. It makes me feel like I’m capable of doing great things.”
- Software Engineer Team Lead Petah Tikva, Israel View Job
- Wireless SoC System Engineer Bengaluru, India View Job
- Software Engineer Multiple Locations View Job
You don't have Saved Jobs yet.View All Jobs