Manufacturing Equipment Technician - Returnship
Have you taken a career break and had your resume rejected because of your resume gap? Intel is offering 16-week paid returnships for experienced professionals ready to return to the workforce. If you have taken a break of at least one year for the following reasons we welcome, you to apply:
- Starting or raising a family
- Military service/military spouse
- Community service/volunteer work
- Caring for a family member or self
- Underemployment (working in a position unrelated to your professional or academic career)
At Intel we are excited to have a Return-to-Work program because we appreciate the skills individuals who are returning to work can offer. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce.
This position is on-site during the 16-week returnship program. The goal of this program is to hire individuals who were successful throughout the program duration. A full-time offer will be on-site.
This position is in the LTD-Manufacturing Development team working in one of the most advanced semiconductor clean room facilities in the world. You will have the opportunity to be responsible for several multi-million-dollar processing tools, working directly with highly skilled technicians to achieve top levels of performance. You will be developing the manufacturing maintenance and operational systems on future manufacturing technologies before they are transferred out to Intel fabs worldwide.
What you will be considered for:
LTD-M Metals Module Equipment Technicians perform electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process. Dismantles, adjusts, repairs, and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches or drawings. May also perform set-up, calibration, and preventative maintenance on production equipment. Assignments are semi-routine in nature. Work performed within generally defined parameters. Some degree of judgment required in resolving non-standard problems. Normally receives general instructions on most work.
As a Module Equipment Technician in the Logic Technology Development Manufacturing Group (LTD-M), you will be responsible for technical and maintenance work to maintain the safety, quality, output, and cost performance of the manufacturing factory. In addition, you will support engineering and manufacturing activities aligned with factory priorities.
Candidates must be willing to:
- Regularly lift to 25 lbs. 1- 3 times per shift.
- Wear closed-toe shoes for the duration of the shift.
- Walk 3-5 miles per shift and stand or sit for up to 9 hours within a shift.
- Push 100lb-200lb carts for a distance of at least 500 meters (about 1640.42 ft) 5-10 times per day
- Climb and perform work on ladders or at heights of 10 to 30 feet. 2-3 times per week.
- Spend most of the work time (more than 90 percent less break time) in a clean room environment working on tool sets, processing wafers, and standing or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Work in a clean room environment wearing a gown, hood, booties, safety glasses, and gloves for the shift.
- Working on a night or day shift compressed workweek schedule. Shifts are twelve hours long and rotate from three to four days a week.
A compressed work week is defined as any schedule that requires an employee to work 11.5 hours or more a day: 3 days on, 4 days off and then 4 days on, 3 days off.
- Shift 4 (nights frontend) PM-AM: Sun-Tues and alternating Saturday nights.
- Shift 5 (days frontend) AM-PM: Sun-Tues and alternating Wednesday days.
- Shift 6 (nights backend) PM-AM: Wed-Sat and alternating Sunday nights.
- Shift 7 (days backend) AM-PM: Thurs-Sat and alternating Wednesday days.
You must possess the minimum qualifications below to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. The experience listed below may be obtained through schoolwork, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/or work experience.
This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
- Candidates must have been out of the paid technical workforce for at least one year.
- Must have one or more of the following:
- Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree in a STEM field
- 3+ Years of Experience in the Military
- 3+ Years of Experience working in a position performing preventative maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting AND GED or High School Diploma.
- 1+ Years of Experience working in a Semiconductor Clean Room Environment in a maintenance and/or equipment role AND GED OR High School Diploma.