FPGA Robotics Software Engineer
Intel is looking for a talented, highly motivated individual to develop safety critical and embedded robotics solutions targeting a wide range of applications, using the latest Intel FPGA devices and tools.
The successful candidate will be passionate about developing real world Embedded solutions with our customers, as well as shaping our future FPGA software infrastructure across diverse CPU processing systems, including x86, Arm and RISC-V. You will join a tremendously capable worldwide team (based in UK, US, Malaysia), who support each other, to develop and deploy next generation SoC/FPGA systems across many applications including Industrial, Manufacturing, Warehousing, Autonomous Mobile Robotics and Healthcare.
As we move towards a Hybrid working model, you will enjoy flexible working from home and in the Marlow/Basingstoke office, interacting with diverse teams around the world. Creativity and experimentation, with support and without fear of failure, will be encouraged
- Develop optimized reference platforms for broad distribution of robotics solutions using a mix of software skills.
- Develop solutions for FPGA based robotics systems and embedded vision processing systems, using Intel processor + FPGA
- Work with strategic customers to develop and deliver applications, benchmarks and solutions, demonstrating the value of the FPGA
- Identify the benefits of processor + FPGA solutions compared to other architectures
- Develop solutions using state of the art Functional Safety approaches
- Collaborate with other Intel teams to develop best in class solutions
- Develop and following a strong design process, enabling customers to meet Quality Management System standards
- Provide input to Intel's future architectures and products
MSc in Computer Science or equivalent, with excellent results
5+ years of relevant work experience (or equivalent).
Strong software skills (C/C++)
Experience and interest in the following areas is desirable:
- Development of safety critical applications
- Robotics systems and technologies
- Embedded Linux Application and Kernel development
- RiscV Baremetal development
- Heterogeneous processing systems using CPUs, GPUs and FPGAs
Good interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to apply sound judgement
Occasional Business travel is required