Site Corporate Services Manager (Facilities Engineering and Operations)
Intel is going through an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. Corporate Services (CS) plays an essential role in achieving this vision. Our team's scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining Intel sites and facilities around the world. We touch the lives of every Intel employee, every day and create an environment where employees can prosper while creating innovative technologies that make amazing possible. CS also helps to make Intel and our communities a greener place by supporting Intel's commitment to environmental sustainability. We embed Diversity and Inclusion into everything we do, every day, and strive to build an environment where all employees feel empowered to achieve their full potential. Corporate Services' success depends on our amazing, highly valued employees to provide leadership in their area of expertise.
Join us and make Corporate Services your workplace of choice today.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ownership of all operational support and growth initiatives related to facilities and site engineering infrastructure on site.
- Lead as the single point of contact for the overall site and factory management as related to site facilities operations.
- Plan, provide resources for, and direct activities in engineering functions to meet schedules, standards, and cost.
- Cultivate and reinforce appropriate group values, norms, and behaviors.
- Identify and analyze problems to plan for viable solutions.
- Provide guidance on employee development, performance, and productivity issues.
The Intel Poland greenfield start-up site manager's responsibilities will also include:
- Collaborating with local authorities, Intel Construction (FCE), planning organizations, and other Intel teams to get the first modules established as early as possible.
- Manage a cross-functional team consisting of Intel employees and/or contingent workers.
- Provide safe, cost effective, high quality, compliant, and environmentally conscious execution of site infrastructure.
- Oversees the safety, reliability, and cost-effective operations of factories, successful commissioning of transferred technologies, and support of construction ramps.
- Responsible for enabling teams to execute through clear goal setting, facilitating work, maintaining accountability, applying differentiated performance management, and driving team results.
- Drives results by inspiring people, role modeling Intel values, developing the capabilities of others, and ensuring a productive work environment.
- Deliver facilities services to provide business groups and enterprise operations with the reliability needed to support Intel's business needs.
- Interface with local and federal Government entities and authorities in securing permits, etc.
- Ensure the facility and its procedures comply with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Provide guidance and judgement on a variety of problems requiring deviation from standard practices.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Skills to build and maintain relationships.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to influence at different levels of the organization.
- Skills to facilitate out-of-the-box thinking that delivers innovative solutions.
- Skills to deliver results on-time and within budget.
- Skills to adapt and continuously improve standards and best-known-methods regardless of their source.
- Experience with managing and maintaining facility systems (HVAC, electrical, chemical, etc.,) that support factory, lab and/or data center environments.
- Business practices and procedures as related to facilities, engineering and services management.
- Financial and business acumen with particular emphasis on cost optimization, supplier management, experience with high-value and/or multi-discipline service contracts, and proven project management experiences.
- Willingness to adopt and continuously improve standards and best-known-methods regardless of their source.
- Forward-thinking and strategic planning to anticipate and address site needs.
What Intel and Corporate Services can offer you as a successful candidate:
- We foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- A competitive salary and financial benefits which include bonuses, life and disability insurance, the opportunity to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life with excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work.
Intel is constantly working to build a connected and intelligent future. We are at the heart of innovation, and we need your help to achieve our goals. Start today and change tomorrow.
Minimum qualifications are required to be considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum qualifications and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM field of study and 7+ years of experience in manufacturing facilities and engineering management.
- 5+ years of managing managers or 10+ years of organizational management.
- Master of Science Degree in a STEM field of study and 10+ years of experience in manufacturing facilities and engineering management.
- A proven track record of experience in working in and/or directly supporting Assembly and Test Manufacturing.
- A proven track record of experience in working with an Integrated Facilities Management supplier.
- Professional bilingual proficiency (read, write, comprehend and speak) in both Polish and English.
Final location for this role will be the Wrocław site, with the interim location being Home Based Office until the Wrocław office premises are available.
On June 16, 2023, Intel announced that it has selected an area near Wrocław, Poland, as the site of a new cutting-edge semiconductor assembly and test facility. This facility will help meet critical demand for assembly and test capacity that Intel anticipates by 2027. Intel expects to invest up to $4.6 billion in the facility, which will have the capacity to expand. When completed, the facility will support approximately 2,000 Intel employees. The construction of the facility is also expected to create several thousand more jobs, in addition to eventual hiring by suppliers. Design and planning for the facility will begin immediately, with construction to commence pending a state aid approval procedure by the European Commission and the Polish Government.
Intel’s planned investment in Poland adds to Intel’s current and future plans for Europe, including its existing wafer fabrication facility in Leixlip, Ireland and its planned wafer fabrication facility in Magdeburg, Germany. Combined, these facilities will help create an end-to-end leading-edge semiconductor manufacturing value chain across Europe. It will also serve as a catalyst for additional ecosystem investments and innovation in Poland and the European Union.
Wafer fabrication facilities (also known as “fabs”) create chips on silicon wafers through various advanced chemical, mechanical and optical processes. Assembly and test facilities, such as the one planned near Wrocław, receive completed wafers from fabs, cut them into individual chips, assemble them into final products and test them for performance and quality. The finished chips are then shipped to customers. In addition to completed wafers, the facility will also be able to accept individual chips and assemble them into final products. The facility will be able to accept wafers and chips from Intel, Intel Foundry Services or other foundries.
Forward-Looking Statements as per the June 16th Announcement/Press Release
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Such statements include: our manufacturing expansion and investment plans and expectations in the European Union (EU) and the anticipated benefits therefrom; anticipated supplier, ecosystem, community, and government support and approval for our planned EU investments and anticipated benefits related to such support; environmental plans for and benefits from our factories and technologies; and other characterizations of future plans, expectations, events, or circumstances.
Such statements involve risks and uncertainties that could cause our actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied, including: changes in demand for our products; Intel’s failure to realize the anticipated benefits of its strategy, plans, and proposed transactions; construction delays or changes in plans due to business, economic, or other factors; increases in capital requirements and changes in capital investment plans; adverse changes in anticipated government incentives and associated approval related to Intel’s planned EU investments; adverse legislative or other government actions; insufficient ecosystem support; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; and other risks and uncertainties described in this presentation, our earnings release dated April 27, 2023, our 2022 Annual Report on Form 10-K and our other filings with the SEC.
All information in this press release reflects management’s views as of the date hereof, unless an earlier date is specified. We do not undertake, and expressly disclaims any duty, to update such statements, whether as a result of new information, new developments, or otherwise, except to the extent that disclosure may be required by law.