Senior Project Manager - Wroclaw Poland
Join our Intel Fab Construction Enterprise (FCE) in building the world's largest semiconductor manufacturing factories across the globe. The future is what we build.
Our enterprise manages a portfolio of capital projects on-site with a large contractor workforce that encompasses outsourced general contractors, A/E firms, and key trade companies in the Semiconductor Construction Industry. The scope of our work includes but is not limited to Progressive Build, tool install, and new factories and site infrastructure.
We are looking for world-class technical talent to join our team. If you enjoy working with the latest technology in a rewarding, fast-paced environment, this is the right place for you. Everywhere you go, you'll find an opportunity to make a difference. In any given workday, you will be given the responsibility to innovate and create an impact on our business.
As a key member of the Project Execution Team, the Construction Manager is responsible for leading an organization of matrix employees managing capital projects on site, with a contractor workforce ranging from 500 to 2500 contingent workers encompassing outsourced general contractors, A/E Architecture and Engineering firms, and key trade companies in the Semiconductor and Office Building Construction Industry.
The position reports to the Director of Construction and this role is expected to own planning and safe on time delivery of all site infrastructure and manufacturing facilities.
The location for this position will be Wroclaw Poland new ATM construction site, with the interim location being Home Based Office until the Wroclaw office premises are available. Relocation assistance will be provided. Training assignments may be required at other domestic or international locations.
As a Senior Project Manager your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Partner successfully with key stakeholders including AE, General Contractors and the Intel Basebuild and operations teams and ensure all aligned to the plans for the program execution.
- Manage the day to day construction operations to ensure a safe work environment.
- Own and drive the construction schedule, ensure schedule is aligned with all stake holders and then manage the full program team to ensure the schedule is achieved.
- Develop world-class supplier partnerships with leading sourcing and procurement solutions and deliver continuous improvements in business results, quality, schedule, and cost.
- An owner for site Logistics, Labor, and coordination amongst the CMs Multi-prime, GC/DB, and other Suppliers, demonstrates the ability to mentor and influence the behavior of others across projects, site, and company boundaries.
- Presenting and defending Trade Labor Forecasts during presentations to Manager of Construction, Trade Leadership, and Unions, with a high degree of knowledge of the project scope, constraints, schedules, and inter-project coordination.
- Manager of Construction and Finance; owns trade Headcount onsite by Project; Owns the CM role in the EOC process and response.
- Foster innovation and transform traditional construction practices by driving new methods and engineering solutions by leveraging industry insights into Intel's multidimensional challenges.
- Ensure sustainability, LEED Certification, and other enabling capabilities are adopted to deliver innovative breakthroughs.
- Help transform into an organization that is lean, efficient, and collaborative.
- Transform the culture and set the pace relative to the best in the world for safety, operational excellence, innovation, partnership, customer service, and making FCE the best place to work in Intel.
- Manage across diverse groups and stakeholders while optimizing the solution for Intel.
- Manage discussions with executive management, drilling down to details, and managing an effort hands-on if the need arises.
- Build and drive safety Culture of Caring in every business environment, office to the construction sites, and from front-end planning to construction execution.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Leadership and communication skills.
- Drive decision making and change at the cadence Moore's law requires.
- Partner and influence in a high matrix environment.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Teamwork skills.
- Problem-solving skills, including problem-solving methodologies research strategies logical reasoning critical analysis of information and cooperative learning.
- Champion and value the safety Culture of Caring throughout the project lifecycle.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
The candidate must have at least one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, construction management, or a closely related field with 6+ years of experience in the semiconductor or high tech industry as a project manager, design manager, engineering manager, construction manager, or equivalent construction leadership expertise.
- Master's degree in architecture, construction management, or a closely related field with 4+ years of experience in the semiconductor or high tech industry as a project manager, design manager, engineering manager, construction manager, or equivalent construction leadership expertise.
- Fluency in English and Polish
- Knowledge and expertise in Construction, Facilities, Fab Technology, Quality, and Lean.
- Contracts knowledge related to lump sum, guaranteed maximum price, design/build, and equipment installation contracts.
- Large scale projects and program management.
The final location for this role will be the Wrocaw site, with the interim location being Home Based Office until the Wrocaw office premises are available.
Intel announced that it has selected an area near Wrocław, Poland, as the site of a new cutting-edge semiconductor assembly and test facility. This facility will help meet critical demand for assembly and test capacity that Intel anticipates by 2027. Design and planning for the facility will begin immediately, with construction to commence pending state aid approval procedure by the European Commission and the Polish Government. Intel’s planned investment in Poland adds to Intel’s current and future plans for Europe, including its existing wafer fabrication facility in Leixlip, Ireland and its planned wafer fabrication facility in Magdeburg, Germany. Combined, these facilities will help create an end-to-end leading-edge semiconductor manufacturing value chain across Europe. It will also serve as a catalyst for additional ecosystem investments and innovation in Poland and the European Union."