Firmware Engineering Intern
Job DescriptionAt Intel, our interns have the opportunity touch the entire software ecosystem. As part of one of the most influential software companies in the world, you'll be at forefront of everything from enhanced usability and security, to integrated software and hardware solutions, to seamless connectivity. Intel's Foundational Software Technologies Server FW Team drives the definition, development, and quality of Intel's integrated firmware for all Server SOCs. Key responsibilities across the organization include, although are not limited to: Developing validation test plans, creating test case definitions, and checking strategies Test-Bench development, including modeling HW interfaces to firmware. Debugging test suite failures, validating bug resolutions. Developing the FW and related IP/SOC architecture. Developing and utilizing various software tools, APIs and/or methodologies with the goal to ensure high quality firmware. Reading and interpreting technical specifications (specs) Communicating effectively, coordinating, and working with Firmware Developers, Architects, and IP teams.
We welcome applications from candidates with:
- Active student status for the next 1-2 years
- Problem-solving skillset
- Object-oriented programming
- Basic knowledge of Linux
- Good command of English
Nice to have:
- Embedded development experience
- Knowledge of Git or other VCS
- Knowledge of CPU architectures
- Teamwork experience
- Good sense of humor
What We Offer:
At Intel, you come to work in a collaborative, supportive environment, where your equally brilliant colleagues will push you to be your best. There's no fear of failure-we know that's how innovation happens. And you'll never be bored.
We offer competitive benefits and pay, opportunities for professional development and the flexibility you need to achieve balance. Intel fosters a collaborative environment allowing the brightest minds in the world to come together to achieve exceptional results.
Besides regular duties you can:
- Take advantage of various career development activities.
- Participate in various innovation-focused activities (innovation lab, collaboration events, and patent submissions writing).
- Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which gathers people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many more.
Base salary is accompanied with such additional benefits as bonuses, private medical plan, life insurance, lunch coupons, and more.