Hardware Design Engineer
Role and Responsibilities:
- Drives end to end development of platform hardware and translates platform level requirements to circuit and component level specifications.
- Designs, develops, modifies, and evaluates electronic parts, components, PCB, or integrated circuitry for hardware platforms, electrical engineering applications, and equipment.
- Conducts logical design of printed circuit boards through component definition and schematic capture, defines component placement and circuit trace routing rules, and oversees board layout from feasibility studies to board tape out while meeting multidisciplinary platform level requirements.
- Considers BOM cost and availability data versus design tradeoffs at the board and system levels.
- Applies design expertise to define processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output, and working parameters for hardware and software compatibility.
- Incorporates feedback from other functions (including verification, validation, manufacturing, and customer) to improve development methods.
- Performs design research and verification, development, testing, and utilization of firmware, hardware, components, mechanisms, materials, thermal solutions, circuitry processes, packaging, and chassis for platform hardware.
- Collaborates with architects, other platform hardware design engineers, hardware verification engineers, technical project managers, and technicians to plan and lead platform hardware power on and debug activities.
- Resolves system development and bring up issues to deliver high quality boards and platforms for customers.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Candidate must possess BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or related fields with 4+ years of experience or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or related fields with 3+ years of experience.
- Experience designing and debugging high speed boards.
- Knowledge of PCB circuit design, schematics, BOM, and board/system level debug.
- Experience with power design.
- Analog and high-speed digital design knowledge/experience, analytical and debugging skills.
- Knowledge of processor architecture, digital circuit design and communications protocols such as I2C, DDR, PCIe, USB.
- Experience using lab equipment including but not limited to DMM, logic analyzer interfaces and oscilloscopes.
- Project Lead skills: Able to lead small teams to implement the design.
- Experience in Signal integrity/Power integrity: FPGA Logic design.
- Software experience: C/C++ and python.
Requirements listed would be obtained through a combination of industry relevant job experience, internship experiences and or schoolwork/classes/research.
Inside this Business GroupThe everyday contributions of the Intel Validation Engineering (iVE) team are essential to retaining/regaining Intel's product leadership. We validate, debug, and tune the newest designs and world-changing technologies that enrich the lives of every person on earth. We play a critical role in completing the PRQs of Intel products and in Intel's ability to deliver the annual technology platforms in our roadmap.
Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, California: $105,797.00-$175,105.00
*Salary range dependent on a number of factors including location and experience