SOC Design Engineer - Physical Design Engineer
Come join Intel's Client Engineering Group, responsible for designing Client SOCs that make up more than half of Intel's annual revenue. We envision the future of computing and design for the next generation of laptop and desktop computers. We are looking for an SoC (System on Chip) Physical Design Engineer, ready to research, design, develop, and test lead Intel designs as we reimagine how to build SOCs at Intel and in the semiconductor industry. This role is within Intel's highly-regarded Devices Development Group, headquartered in Portland, Oregon with additional sites in Penang, Malaysia, and Bangalore, India. Our bold purpose as a company is to 'create world-changing technology that enriches the lives of every person on earth' and this role is instrumental in furthering our mission to shape the future of technology.
Your responsibilities may include but not be limited to:-
-Own the physical implementation of complex partitions or Susbsystems from RTL to GDS to create a design database that is ready for manufacturing.
- Physical synthesis, Place and route, Clock tree synthesis with Synopsys(Fusion Compiler, ICC2) or Cadence tools (Genus-Innovus).
- Static timing analysis constraint understanding, clock stamping, and timing closure.
- Multiple Power Domain analysis using standard Power Formats UPF or CPF.
- Driving performance optimization, including co-optimization work with process teams, to create best-in-class designs.
The ideal candidate will exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- Self-motivator with strong problem solving skills- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate in a high-paced atmosphere
Minimum Qualifications:- Bachelor's degree with 5 years of experience, or Master's degree with 3 years of experience, in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field.- 3+ years of experience in backend design and/or integration
Preferred Qualifications:- 6+ years of experience in backend design and/or integration- Product development and delivery on leading edge process nodes.