Applications Engineer (Design Enablement)
At Intel, Design Enablement (DE) is one of the key pillars enabling Intel to deliver winning products in the marketplace. Your will directly drive and work with DE cross teams to ensure design-kits leadership for customer enablement for cutting edge technologies. You will work with customers to outline critical requirements, collaborate with Intel internal partners to define the scope, plan execution, innovate competitive solutions to meets customer needs.
This support role will drive the solutions for Modeling and Simulation issues when customers use intel PDK collaterals. You will lead the collaboration and communication across TD/DE organizations to find the best path to resolve the issue. Tasks also include owning/maintaining training documents, user guide, and customer ticket support.
As a DEAS (Design Enablement Application and Support) key member, you will need to have good communication skills to interact with customers directly, apply analytical problem-solving capability to identify the key requests, root-causing the issue, and do teamwork with DE stakeholders to support and enable customer success.
This position involves providing customer support for compact device models and circuit simulation tools/flows. Responsibilities include:
- Highly knowledgeable in the compact design modeling/circuit simulation domain to be able to understand and apply the technical concepts, architecture, systems, development methods, and drive solutions for the customer.
- Manages interdependencies and integration among multiple projects, teams, and stakeholders. Has decision making authority at the program level.
- Frame the project objectives, focuses, and navigates effort to solve problems, removes roadblocks, manages risks, schedules, drives recommendations to align senior management. Is the key interface with stakeholders and leadership internally in this domain. Exercises judgment and discretion to develop solutions, remove obstacles and redefine approaches.
- Oversees identification of tasks and research, dependencies, costs; communicates expectations to core team members.
- Ensures appropriate progress against schedule and takes remedial action as appropriate.
Master's degree in one of engineering disciplines referenced above and at least 8 years of professional work experience.
8+ years of industry experience in the following areas (having more than one will be preferred)
- Device physics knowledge
- Circuit simulation tools expertise like Spectre, Hspice, Fast spice tools, etc
- EDA vendor experience and interaction skills
- Experience in programming and software design, particularly expertise in python scripting.
- Silicon process technology development and related process design kits (PDKs)
- Ability to be cognitively flexible and agile in a fast changing software environment.
- Good interpersonal written and verbal communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment.