SoC Design Engineer
- Oversees definition, design, verification, and documentation for SoC (System on a Chip) development
- Determines architecture design, logic design, and system simulation
- Defines module interfaces/formats for simulation
- Performs Logic design for integration of cell libraries, functional units and sub-systems into SoC full chip designs, Register Transfer Level coding, and simulation for SoCs
- Contributes to the development of multidimensional designs involving the layout of complex integrated circuits
- Performs all aspects of the SoC design flow from high-level design to synthesis, place and route, timing and power to create a design database that is ready for manufacturing
- Analyzes equipment to establish operation infrastructure, conducts experimental tests, and evaluates results
- May also review vendor capability to support development
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field and 4+ years of experience OR aMaster's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field and + 3 years of experience OR a PhD in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field and 1+ year of experience in:
- Design principles and techniques in VLSI back-end design, custom-circuit (transistor) design and/or memory design
- UNIX/Linux environments and Perl/Tcl/Shell/Python scripting
- Design Automation and/or CAD for CPUs or SOCs, including timing closure of gate level and/or transistor level designs (RLS, SPICE) in advanced CMOS processes
- Backend design EDA tools Synopsys, Cadence and/or Mentor Graphics – logic synthesis, design-for-test, place-and-route, clock tree synthesis, timing/power optimization, ECO, static timing analysis, Spice circuit simulation, statistical variation analysis, noise, cross-talk, OCV, reliability verification, formal equivalence verification, and ERC flows
- Machine-learning methods to solve complex problems dealing with automation of circuit design to aid in performance and power improvement
- Synopsys or Cadence or Mentor Graphics Tcl coding
Inside this Business GroupIn the Design Engineering Group (DEG), we take pride in developing the best-in-class SOCs, Cores, and IPs that power Intel’s products. From development, to integration, validation, and manufacturing readiness, our mission is to deliver leadership products through the pursuit of Moore’s Law and groundbreaking innovations. DEG is Intel’s engineering group, supplying silicon to business units as well as other engineering teams. As a critical provider of all Intel products, DEG leadership has a responsibility to ensure the delivery of these products in a cost efficient and effective manner.
Covid StatementIntel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.html
- Silicon Packaging Engineer Multiple Locations Apply Now
- Sr. E-Core CPU Physical Design & Verification CAD Engineer – Transistor Level Flows Multiple Locations Apply Now
- Sr. E-Core CPU Physical Design & Verification CAD Engineer – RTL2GDS Standard Cell Level Flows Multiple Locations Apply Now
You don't have Recently Viewed Jobs yet.View All Jobs
No jobs have been saved.View All Jobs