Senior Firmware Engineer
NEX Cloud Networking Group (NCNG) delivers best-in-class Ethernet products which is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that powers the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing-devices. NCNG's compelling Ethernet products move the world's data and are the foundations of cloud service and telecommunications data centers. We are a team of problem solvers, experimenters, and innovators who are dedicated to designing the network technologies that currently lead and continue to transform datacenter ecosystems. As a world-class organization, we're looking for outstanding talent to accelerate our growth during an exciting time in Ethernet networking marketing technology. If you're ready to be a part of this journey, then we want to hear from you.
Firmware is at the heart of what makes embedded systems work. As a Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) Firmware Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and testing of the low-level C/C++ code that powers the networking devices of tomorrow. Join our RDMA IP team as a Senior Firmware Engineer where you are responsible for all aspects of firmware development for this cutting edge, complex IP.
In this role, your daily agenda will be exciting. On a regular basis, it will include but not limited to:
- Developing embedded software within environments that have constrained timing and memory resources, designs and implements reusable code, performs design and code reviews, as well as tests and validates product implementations
- Influences the shaping of future products by significantly contributing to the firmware architecture used across design families
- Performing system level design and modeling, managing the firmware design environment- Interface definition and partition between software, firmware, and hardware
- Working with a variety of storage interface standards
- Interfacing with architecture, design, and system validation stakeholders
- Exemplifying leadership skills including the skillfulness to organize and prioritize their work- Flexibility adaptability in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math,Physics, or in a STEM related field of study
- 10+ years of embedded firmware development expertise using C / C++
- Experience on networking devices, debugging firmware and embedded hardware modules
- Experience in low level programming, operating systems, system architecture design, and hardware design
- Post Graduate degree
- Experience with RDMA technology
- Experience in networking protocols (InfiniBand, TCP/IP, or RoCE)
- Experience in high-speed ASIC or SOC design and debug (Verilog, fsdb)
- Experience in post-silicon debug
- Experience in SOC emulation
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://jobs.intel.com/benefits
Inside this Business GroupThe Network & Edge Group brings together our network connectivity and edge into a business unit chartered to drive technology end to end product leadership. It's leadership Ethernet, Switch, IPU, Photonics, Network and Edge portfolio is comprised of leadership products critically important to our customers.
Other LocationsUS,San Jose
Covid StatementIntel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.html
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, California: $156,410.00-$250,410.00
*Salary range dependent on a number of factors including location and experience