Power Performance Area Design Engineer
Do Something Wonderful!
Intel put the Silicon in Silicon Valley. No one else is this obsessed with engineering a brighter future. Every day, we create world changing technology that enriches the lives of every person on earth. So, if you have a big idea, let’s do something wonderful together. Join us, because at Intel, we are building a better tomorrow. Want to learn more? Visit our YouTube Channel or the links below!
Intel is shaping the future of technology to help create a better future for the entire world. Our work in pushing forward fields like AI, analytics, and cloud-to-edge technology is at the heart of countless innovations. With a career at Intel, you'll have the opportunity to use technology to power major breakthroughs and create enhancements that improve our everyday quality of life. Join us and help make the future more wonderful for everyone.
As an integral part of Intel's new IDM2.0 strategy, we are establishing Intel Foundry Services (IFS), a fully vertical, standalone foundry business, reporting directly to the CEO. IFS will be a world-class foundry business and major provider of US and European-based capacity to serve customers globally.
Intel Foundry Services will be differentiated from other Foundry offerings with a combination of leading-edge packaging and process technology, committed capacity in the US and Europe - available for customers globally - and a world-class IP portfolio that customers can choose from including x86 cores, graphics, media, display, AI, interconnect, fabric and other critical foundational IP, along with Arm and RISC-V ecosystem IPs.
IFS will also provide access to silicon design services to help our customers seamlessly turn silicon into solutions, using industry standard design packages. This business unit is completely dedicated to the success of its customers with full P and L responsibilities. This model will ensure that our foundry customers products will receive our utmost focus in terms of service, technology enablement and capacity commitments.
IFS is already engaged with customers today starting with our existing foundry offerings and we are expanding imminently to include our most advanced technologies, which are optimized for cutting-edge performance, making them ideal for high-performance applications.
About the Role:
Intel Foundry Services is looking for design engineers to benchmark power, performance, and area (PPA) for Foundry process technology nodes on Industry standard ARM IPs along with Intel architectures - to allow foundry customers to evaluate technology PPA offerings in a systematic way.
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Compare and objectively benchmark PPA of IFS technology nodes against competition offerings to guide IFS technology teams to target market segments that aligns with technology strengths.
- Supporting RTL synthesis and place and route experiments using internal and external vendor tools to evaluate Intel's product Power, Performance, and Area, for existing and future process nodes on internal Intel Architecture and external ARM IP's and put it in perspective of what IFS customer needs.
- Evaluate the impact of floorplan changes, corresponding scaling and its impact to power, performance, debug scaling and timing issues for the present tech node and predict how it would impact scaling, timing, and power for the next tech node, improve cell utilization and transistor density metrics and keep pushing the power, performance envelope through critical path analysis, metal layer usage by the tool, etc.
- Drive software solutions in providing tools, API's, and methodologies to help hardware design teams co-optimize their designs for leading edge process nodes.
- Build services and APIs to allow efficient and safe access to the ML algorithms which will enable the creation of visualizations to help customers analyze their results to achieve their desired outcomes.
The chosen candidate will also have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below:
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
What we need to see (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math or in a related field of study 6+ years of related experience OR a master’s degree in electrical engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math or in a related field of study 3+ years of related experience OR PHD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or in a related field of study and 1+ years of experience.
- 2+ years of experience creating new methodologies for improving PPA using industry standard physical implementation tools and associated flows.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience using industry standard implementation tools for synthesis, floor planning, place and route, and ECO.
- 1+ years of experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, and/or Tcl etc.
How to Stand out (Preferred Qualifications):
- Post graduate degree Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or in a related field of study.
- Synthesis/physical design experience with multiple EDA vendor ecosystems.
- Tapeout experience with multiple foundries and tech nodes.
- Deep understanding of standard cell architecture and design for PPA optimization.
- Understanding of physical design algorithms with focus on out-of-the-box PPA improvement.
- Deep understanding of device physics, standard cell architecture and design, and circuits.
- Ability to run Spice simulations and/or transistor level STA.
- Experience with HDL.
Here at Intel, we invest in our people. Beyond health, dental, and retirement benefits, Intel’s benefits package includes 14 paid holidays per calendar year, three weeks of paid vacation, and four-week paid sabbatical every four years of employment. Intel also offers employees five bonuses per year dependent on overall company and personal performance, and an employee stock purchase program. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://jobs.intel.com/benefits
Inside this Business GroupIntel Foundry Services (IFS) is an independent foundry business that is established to meet our customers' unique product needs. With the first "Open System Foundry" model in the world, our combined offerings of wafer fabrication, advanced process, and packaging technology, chiplet, software, robust ecosystem, and assembly and test capabilities help our customers build their innovative silicon designs and deliver full end-to-end customizable products from Intel's secure, resilient and sustainable source of supply.
Other LocationsUS, OR, Hillsboro; US, AZ, Phoenix; US, CA, Santa Clara
Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, California: $139,480.00-$209,760.00
*Salary range dependent on a number of factors including location and experience