- Understand business objectives and implement cost effective and scalable solutions to ensure goals are met; meet expectations on quality, budget and timeliness.
- Participate in all aspects of software development and management including requirements gathering, planning, design, development, testing, documentation and troubleshooting issues.
- Research and implement new technology/methodology to drive continuous improvement of performance and quality of software products and development efficiency.
Inside this Business Group
- Bachelor's/Master's in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Electronic/Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 3 years (for Advanced position) to 7 years (for Staff position) of related experience.
- Strong object-oriented design, analysis and development skills in C++.
- Solid working knowledge of SQL and database development.
- Experience with programming in Linux environment is highly desired.
- Experience in full software development life cycle. Software quality assurance experience is a plus.
- Experience in Agile/Lean development methodology (Scrum/Kanban/XP/etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal/written forms.
- Work well as a team (local/global/cross-functional) with respect for each other.
- Open-minded, adaptable and willing to learn.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Performance and quality mindset.
- Able to work under pressure when situation demands.
- Knowledge or experience on any of these is a plus:
- o TCL / Boost / QT / Perl / Python / C#.
- o Software system engineering.
- o Software project management.
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.