Business Operations Internship Job
Date: Feb 28, 2014
Location Swindon, GB
The Operations team drives Intel's European business, covering areas such as pricing, product demand & revenue forecasting, product supply, and all aspects of customer relationship management. The group encompasses the two main areas of Customer & Product Management and will provide the successful applicants with a real opportunity to participate actively in helping drive Intel's business.
We have a number of placement opportunities across the Business Operations group.
Customer facing roles (Customer Business Operations - CBO)
Customer teams interact with multiple departments internally including Sales, Marketing, Logistics and Finance. As a member of the team you will need to possess commercial business acumen combined with the ability to be a real team player and to influence stakeholders and customers. Communication is key in order to understand the customer requirements and balance them with the Intel's product roadmap, understanding and using data to drive discussions.
- Customer Service/Supply line management
- Point of contact for all customer issues and ability to clearly communicate and represent Intel
- Understanding customer sales strategies, market conditions, competition trends
- Responsible for comparative analysis of supply and customer demand
- Providing post sales support: quality issues, shipment discrepancies, returns
- Improvement of business processes to increase productivity
Pricing, Samples, Supply & Demand team (Product Marketing Board Operations - PMBO)
The product focused part of the group is responsible for key areas such as Pricing, Demand and Supply of our wide range of products. This group interacts on a daily basis with Sales, Finance, Marketing and Manufacturing groups and informs key decision makers what's going to happen, and when. A numerical or business background, with excellent computing, analytical, negotiation and communication skills are required as you will need to interpret and use data to drive discussions.
We also look for a non-technical understanding of our products, their functionality and architecture. Customers for this group are internal across multiple groups within Intel
Overall responsibilities of the various roles include
- Balancing orders versus divisional geographic supply
- Driving the Divisions/factories to support urgent needs including new product launches
- Ensuring supply and/or marketing messages are fully communicated
- Providing market indicators
- Coordinating the supply of samples to our customers prior to new product launches
- Helping to develop and publish business indicators
- Regional pricing support
This is a 13 month fixed-term placement suitable for students currently studying a degree course in relevant disciplines, and is targeted at 2nd year students enrolled in a 4 years bachelor's degree which includes a year in industry
Additional skills required include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team to collaborate with others to achieve high quality results
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-changing environment
- Ability to research/analyse information and communication results/recommendations
- Skilled at critical thinking and problem solving
Job Category: Sales
Primary Location: United Kingdom-England, Swindon
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Job Type: Student/Intern
Posting Date: Feb 27, 2014
Business Group Intel's Sales and Marketing group provides world-class support at the OEM, developer and end-user levels. In addition, the group is involved in Internet and e-Commerce strategies, as well as the execution of worldwide Intel® architecture branded product strategies. Intel's expanding breadth of products and recent acquisitions are providing vast opportunities in Sales and Marketing now and in the future for both the technical and business-oriented.
Posting Statement: N/A
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Relationship Manager, Intern, Operations, Research, Customer Service, Entry Level