Wireless Software Engineer Job
Date: Aug 9, 2014
Location: Shannon, IE
As part of the Wireless Software team at Intel Shannon, you will help to innovate, develop and integrate embedded software subsystems for Intel Architecture (IA). You will be working on exciting next generation Wireless Communications Network Solutions and will be interacting with Customers, Marketing, Architecture, Eco System Partners and other R&D teams in a multi-geo environment. You will be working on projects spanning one or more of the following areas:
- Next Generation Wired and Wireless Network Infrastructure (Cloud RAN, Service Edge Cloud)
- Cellular Equipment (Basestations, Radio Network Controllers, Smart cells, Evolved Packet Core)
- Intel Core technologies for Virtualization such as VT-x, VT-d, VT-c, SRIOV, Power Management.
- Honours degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or other numerate discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years experience of software development
- Experience of C programming in Linux/Embedded environments (preferably in developing multi-core or multithreaded applications).
- Passionate and motivating technical leader with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to provide leadership in multi-discipline multi-geo and multi-site teams
- Good problem solving skills coupled with a strong aptitude to learn and innovate.
- Customer facing experience or aptitude
- Experience of working in an embedded or real-time programming environments
- Very good understanding of Linux based operating systems and how to optimise for performance.
- Good knowledge of processor technology and its application.
- Experience of formal SW development life cycles.
- Delivery of complex software and system architecture designs from concept through to delivery to the end customer.
- Knowledge of 3GPP specifications, protocols and network architecture - in areas RRC, PDCP, RLC, MAC and PHY protocols and network architecture for LTE or WCDMA.
- General networking knowledge, IPv4, IPv6, SCTP, UDP, TCP, development or deployment.
- Network Function Virtualization.
- An understanding of Communications Infrastructure Equipment (Gateways, Routers, Basestations, RNCs).
- Previous experience working with a telecommunications equipment manufacturer or service provider in the Radio Access Network or Core Network domains.
- Experience of integrating subsystem components (SW and HW) from multiple sources.
- Strong knowledge or experience of Intel Architecture and/or X86.
- Knowledge of Linux systems, user space, kernel space, device driver development.
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: Ireland-Ireland, Shannon
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Posting Date: Aug 8, 2014
: Aug 8, 2015
Business Group The Datacenter and Connected Systems group drives new products and technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power nine of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
Posting Statement: N/A
Job Segment: R&D, Research